Most bizarrely-named Sonic zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was stupid of me >_>
I got one that sounds really dumb, Amazing Arena from Knuckles' Chaotix.
What the heck is so amazing about?

Clock Ork Zone.
It appears as "Clock Ork Zone" because the "W" wasn't allowed in title cards.

I'd say Sabaku Desert Zone has an odd name. It's redundant ("Desert Desert Zone", if you translate "Sabaku") and it doesn't make much sense as it's sometimes portrayed as having both desert and snow areas.
I wish the level made it into the final copy of Sonic 2.

Flying battery, not sure if a flying fortress of steel can pass as a AAA battery but oh well (im guessing battery could also mean flying fortress but it still makes me go "eh?")
Hill top zone, there not hills, there CLIFFS.
lava reef zone, not this could just be my stupidity but i thought reefs were living organisums (SP?) that live under water, not in super hot lava

Super:
Flying Battery: a. It could be battery powered (instead of gas-powered or whatever). b. Alternately, it could've been meant as a giant flying artillery battery. Considering we never actually SEE what's at the top of the thing, it's entirely possible.

Hill Top: You've never seen the foothills of Alberta, or been to British Columbia, have you? Really high hills that don't count as mountains=Cliffs and other things.

Lava Reef: Lot's of reefs are made from abiotic material. Aside from that, yes reefs are located under water, not in lava caves.

The Chao Garden from Sonic Adventure. That wasn't even a garden.

I suppose it's a garden in the sense that you're growing stuff, except in this case it's Chao and not flowers.

Much like Shadow Hog, I found Panic Puppet to be pretty bizarre. And then there's Scrap Brain. I guess if you think about it carefully, "scrap" would refer to waste, and the "brain" could resemble a factory, so you're infiltrating some sort of pollutant industry.

Scrambled Egg

I personally think Sleeping Egg is weirder. There's also Meta Junglira. I googled for "junglira" but the vast majority of results were references to the level of that name. EDIT: I think "junglira" might just be a bad translation job.

Last edited:
Actually, Panic Puppet and Scrap Brain are two of the most ingenius zone names I've heard. Perhaps its because I'm the only one willing to put more thought into the zone title than the theme... though Panic Puppet was still appropriate considering that's where you rescue all the flickies.

Panic puppets are the killing machines that are in reality just the shells of living creatures. In other words, all the flicky is to Robotnik is another scrap brain.

---

While it never made it into the game... Genocide City gets my vote, especially because it was supposed to be a stage that looked like "The Machine" in Spinball and had a layout that easily transferred into Metropolis instead of being some kind of Westopolis kind of stage. That makes the name bizarre AND unfitting.

Super:
Flying Battery: a. It could be battery powered (instead of gas-powered or whatever). b. Alternately, it could've been meant as a giant flying artillery battery. Considering we never actually SEE what's at the top of the thing, it's entirely possible.
I always thought the Flying Battery was this huge airplane that dropped bombs at you, just before the boss in Angel Island in Sonic 3. They just recycled it in S&K, because basically those were one game split into two.

Last edited:
Super:

Hill Top: You've never seen the foothills of Alberta, or been to British Columbia, have you? Really high hills that don't count as mountains=Cliffs and other things.

Lava Reef: Lot's of reefs are made from abiotic material. Aside from that, yes reefs are located under water, not in lava caves.

Flying Battery? Pretty sure an airship falls under the definition of battery. Hilltop doesn't really sound that bizarre. I'll give you Lava Reef, though I personally consider it fairly ingenious considering the definition of reef as "a submerged ridge of rock or coral near the surface of the water", works for the makeup of the level (besides the water part of course)

lulz. i always though Metropolis zone from sonic2 was odd. Something like factory zone would've been better.

Gigantic Angel Zone - It's just Scrap Brain and Metropolis zones mixed together in Sonic Pocket Adventure.

Weapons Bed - Why would weapons be in a bed? (SA2)

Weapons Bed - Why would weapons be in a bed? (SA2)

Because I like to feel safe at night.
But seriously, a Weapons Bed is just a large grouping of weapons together ready for use.

The only one I really question is Hill Top Zone. Only because it doesn't exactly seem like a hill, but more like a mountain side, since it never seems like you are never really at the "top" of anything.

The only one I really question is Hill Top Zone. Only because it doesn't exactly seem like a hill, but more like a mountain side, since it never seems like you are never really at the "top" of anything.
Ever been anywhere near the Rocky Mountains? Or ANY mountains? The "hills" there are PRETTY DAMN HIGH.

Perhaps you missed my point in the fact that it isn't the "top" of anything. It's the side of it. Regardless of how you perceive them as hill or mountains, basically the entire level is the side of the "hill" rather than the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back