Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't mean the host, I recall reading up that bans by admins don't actually get added to the ban log and are effectively just the same as kicks. Anyone know if this is still true?

According to the wiki, it is, hopefully it will get fixed soon (along with the fact that there's a limit to bans).

Even if it were a ban from the host, though, a player can still change their IP and rejoin if IP change is allowed by their ISP and internet service.

If you don't mean the host, I recall reading up that bans by admins don't actually get added to the ban log and are effectively just the same as kicks. Anyone know if this is still true?

Oh wait, sorry sorry, i mean, the Host banned that player, my bad XD.

EDIT: I think SRB2 no needs to create a ban log for the banned player, because the player can back again deleting the ban log.

Last edited:
EDIT: I think SRB2 no needs to create a ban log for the banned player, because the player can back again deleting the ban log.

Well srb2 has a banlist.txt file when ever they ban a person from their server. It only reads their ip not their name.

Yes and as a result of that people who gets banned from a server could just change their IP address and just join again with a different name.

And you think there's anything we could do about someone changing the only way to identify their computer uniquely?

And you think there's anything we could do about someone changing the only way to identify their computer uniquely?

Exactly... How can you fight against a hacker who constantly keeps changing their identity?

It's like trying to track down The Da Vinci Code, you just can't find it...

2 Years ago, When i was in ToBeFrees server playing CTF in the red team someone joined , then i saluted him but he didnt respond, Then he goes to the Blue Team, then he changes his color to green then red, i asked him how to do that, he didnt respond.

The Point im giving is that changing color to the color of your adversary team is kind of cheating because people playing might think that the person is on their team, its like disguising to get the flag, Might be a hack.

Last edited:
its like disguising to get the flag

Kinda unrelated to your problem, but you just sparked up another idea i can make for a mod easily (Like Team Fortress 2's Spy, but the only thing that disguises is the player's current color)

Other than that... yeah, hackers are annoying to deal with. Luckily, I haven't encountered any 2.1 hackers... yet. either way, you'll be fine on 2.1's servers. 2.0 is outdated anyway

Well, since SRB2 is an open source game and the best thing they can do to stop the hacks is to use "BAN" command so you get rid of them, but the bad thing is that you can re-enter the game by just changing your Name, would be cool to be banned by IP.

There are types that are approved of the source code of the game to do these types of piracy, I have a couple of those pirated codes but I did not use them again and never use it on a server because I do not like to damage games, besides SRB2 is a game So easy to play and I do not know because they are dedicated to doing piracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back