Hang out rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMig

Wats up with that rule? i've been wondering for a wile now, but... wats wrong with a hang out? A friend of mine got banned today, i think anyway, for having a hangout server, watsup with that? whats WRONG with that? i asked FuriousFox that when he came into the server and said, Because SRB2 is for people who actually WANT to play, technically, we were playing, chilling out, running like idiots :D , so.. yea wats wrong with that? btw he said our Opinion didnt matter. (dont ban me for this, its my oppinion, and my oppinion dosnt matter) he suks.

-- thought the goal for game makers is to make their audiences enjoy them...

HANGOUTS NOT SUPPORTED KTHXBYE

You can still play Hangout servers, just don't advertise it on the Master Server.

The main reason is right in the rule.
1. No chat, roleplay, hangout/chilling/party/etc. servers. The Master Server is for netgames where people are actually playing the game the way it is intended to be played. If you want to chat, roleplay, or hangout, either use a chatroom or host without advertising on the Master Server.
If you want to use the game for chat, hangout, or whatever, you can do that.
You just can't advertise it on the SRB2 Master Server.

This can be answered very simply: Alam and Logan don't like Hangout servers.

Sapping their bandwidth and killing their connection is a privilage, anyone who calls it a right clearly knows nothing about the mechanics of network access. They have every right to disallow anyone from using the Master Server, and they have chosen to do so to anyone who breaks the rules they have put forth.

If they wanted, they could ban me from the Master Server just for explaining why they can.

Because it wastes Alam and Logan's bandwidth.
Edit: Beaten.
Edit 2: They could ban us all from the master server just for the hell of it, Draykon. =P

Draykon said:
This can be answered very simply: Alam and Logan don't like Hangout servers.

Sapping their bandwidth and killing their connection is a privilage, anyone who calls it a right clearly knows nothing about the mechanics of network access. They have every right to disallow anyone from using the Master Server, and they have chosen to do so to anyone who breaks the rules they have put forth.

If they wanted, they could ban me from the Master Server just for explaining why they can.

say wat? and i never said it was a right, just asking why

Dark Warrior said:
Because it wastes Alam and Logan's bandwidth.
Edit: Beaten.
Edit 2: They could ban us all from the master server just for the hell of it, Draykon. =P

so are all the other servers, they take their bandwith too, or dont they?

EVERY server takes from their bandwidth. They restricted the Master Server to those games because they feel their connection is more important then people's whimsies of chat and RP. They are nice enough to share their connection with people who want to play regularly. You should be damned grateful for that.

As I have said countless times before, the Master Server is for people that actually want to play SRB2 the way it is meant to be played. This means that games with Co-op as their gametype should involve the players completing levels, not standing around and chatting, or just randomly climbing walls or running around as Super Sonic.

Meh, most time my very limit of chat&run in coop levels are 15 minutes....I get sick of it after a time and finish the level. "You can still chat in the next level, guys. No need to worry!"

FuriousFox said:
As I have said countless times before, the Master Server is for people that actually want to play SRB2 the way it is meant to be played. This means that games with Co-op as their gametype should involve the players completing levels, not standing around and chatting, or just randomly climbing walls or running around as Super Sonic.

well cant they make a free play mode?

You mean as a GAME MODE? That had NOTHING to do with the rule. Pointless servers that hang out eat up Alam and Logan's bandwidth for no reason. They want their connection going to honest games, not RP/Hangout.

Because that requires extra work and we want 1.1 to be out within the next 20 years.

*facepalm*

Think we should make a page of the staff team? Not many people seem to check the credits. >_>

Also, Megamig, you may want to consider, y'know, putting more text into your posts. One-sentence posts are considered spam, you know. ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back