What if... Your esc key is broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudyTheFox

IT'S HIGH NOON
I've been bored these days and feel like playing SRB2.
Apparently, I can't access the damned menu. My ESC key broke.

So, is there ANY way I can rebind the ESC key?

Well, that sucks... I read the wiki and stuff....

So yeah, There is ABSOLUTELY NO way for me to play without the esc.

I would get the key fixed, but if you needed the whole keyboard replaced then I would get a new keyboard. If you dont have the time or dont want a new keyboard then I would use the build in Desktop Keyboard as your last resort and have Srb2 in Window Mode, but that's the last option.

It will be a pain just to type one button on the program rather then using a keyboard but eh... It's just better to get the key fixed.

Last edited:
Display obedience, while never stepping out of line

looks like a useful program actually; though, as he said, be careful - if you did certain things with it you'd actually have to reformat, or so that page claims.

Ah, Well I haven't checked the forum for a day or so.. Haha.
Well, thanks anyway! My original idea was to use my xbox controller.
But that would be annoying as fudge.

You can use Xpadder to map keyboard keys to your controller. It's very effiecient. But you better look for a freeware version tho, unless you wanna pay money :/

Collective consciousness controlled as you will see

Kinda glad you made this thread; I might end up using this program on my netbook as.. well, the spacebar broke off, there's a nub under it I've been pressing that's beginning to tear off, and now I have a piece of tape on it. I've no idea when it'll stop working or not.

But now I know i'll just be able to reassign it :P

I would use the program "GlovePIE" and map the Escape key on an unused key of the game until you got your new keyboard. If you got that programm (freeware) you just need to map the Escape key on another button of your keyboard by typing a little script and running it. for example:
Key.Escape = Key.F1
So if you press F1 you actually press the Escape key.

I would use the program "GlovePIE" and map the Escape key on an unused key of the game until you got your new keyboard. If you got that programm (freeware) you just need to map the Escape key on another button of your keyboard by typing a little script and running it. for example:
Key.Escape = Key.F1
So if you press F1 you actually press the Escape key.
Reviving this thread up, I tried using Sharp Keys, doesn't work.

Edit: Thank you MosiacMario for the fix! I'm back in Business for this game! :D

Last edited:
Rest in pieces thread. It's been a LONG time since I made it. No clue why it's back... But I'd like to close the thread. I've got a new system and everything.
Please close it.

As a general rule it's just best to leave threads be if you want them to die. We moderators and admins only lock them if we feel it is necessary.

As far as I can tell SSNCaleb probably only revived it because he had the problem too, which is better than bumping the thread for no reason at least. =P

It's also useful to allow bumps to threads like this in case someone else has the same problem in another two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back