• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

fickle hearts and other parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
...isn't that falsely assuming you NEED to look directly up and down to view a flat at all? I can see portal flats happening myself, regardless of renderer.
I didn't say it's impossible to look through a hole, I just think there's no point in going through the effort of programming portal flats in Software mode. Unlike walls, which you can see from infinitely far away, you can only look down a hole once you're right up against it, and you can't see very far into it, either.

Just move all the silent teleports from the vertical shafts we've been using so far and put them on horizontal stretches instead. Works better and it doesn't need a level design crutch.

Last edited:
ImpressionableDistantGentoopenguin.gif

Oh no! How will our chuckling friend make his way through this platforming challenge?

Trick question! He'll have to wait till' 2.2, when poly objects are climbable. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

srb20045.gif

This is all your fault, you could've stopped it, it's too late now, no time to regret it.

I call fraud. This is just some sort of skybox based hack where he's actually pushing all of the map around him relatively, causing the block to "appear" to move.

Nice try, but please don't derail the topic with your fake nonsense.

srb20050.gif

It's unavoidable, the polyobject is no longer a mere furniture now!

There better be a satisfying explanation for that or I'm calling an exorcist. That is just incomprehensible.

Pst, SRB2 can't record gifs in OpenGL mode. So they're not MD2s!
I was not aware of this. Why not? Also, I wonder if this new miracle has anything to do with the fact that PolyObjects have a thing at there center? If not, I have no clue. If we could see if this works with bigger Polyobjects? Another thing to note:I thought Polyobjects glitched up if moved out of their spawnsectors? And yet we clearly see a Polyobject end up on a higher area just fine...
I'm really excited for all this stuff.
Off-topic, MI, how the heck do you pronounce your name anyway?

I was not aware of this. Why not?
Technical reasons, I forget right now.

Also, I wonder if this new miracle has anything to do with the fact that PolyObjects have a thing at there center? If not, I have no clue.

They don't actually; the things are only involved with spawning, and never move with PolyObjects afterwards.

If we could see if this works with bigger Polyobjects?

In theory it can be done with bigger PolyObjects, judging from the REAL reasoning for this spectacle that's already been revealed elsewhere. =V

Another thing to note:I thought Polyobjects glitched up if moved out of their spawnsectors? And yet we clearly see a Polyobject end up on a higher area just fine...
I'm really excited for all this stuff.

...I really have no idea how true that was in the first place.

Off-topic, MI, how the heck do you pronounce your name anyway?

Monster "Yes-tin". See, "Iestyn" is a Welsh name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back