Fixed Net_CloseConnection error when using netgames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapheros

This is becoming a seriously annoying issue, and believe it or not, I'm not the only one suffering through this either, this is the most I can give justice to since this goes on and off for any user that tries to host on the Master Server, online... and offline.

UgmSWFz.png

My srb2win.RPT file, and errorlog.txt file don't actually update towards this crash, and what you see in this picture is what prints in log.txt.

EDIT: Maybe this should be moved to the correct thread :v

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah sorry guys, I didn't really think things through when adding that warning there to prevent the crashes. x_x

In any case I assume you mean the game "freezes" rather than actually crashes? It's probably not to do with the console warnings being printed but whatever causes them to be printed in the first place.

...I really don't want to admit this, but if you were hosting on the Master Server recently, until a there is a proper fix for this, I highly advise you to change your public IPs as soon as you can. This is no joke, this is no false alarm. This error seen here was one of the reasons 2.1.18 was pushed out, and it turns out it has yet to be fixed. If you were recently hosting publicly on the Master server before it shut down, CHANGE YOUR PUBLIC IP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Sapheros has no idea what's going on and is overreacting to an issue.

The actual problem is that the exploit that crashes games on the master server works just as well if you aren't advertising on it, so long as the exploiter know the IP address of the host. If you have hosted on the MS in the past, the people attacking it may have kept records of it and crash your game if you host privately. You're not in any actual danger of anything serious, though. The only thing this exploit does is crash your game if you are hosting a netgame. They can't hurt the game if you're playing offline and they can't do anything malicious to your machine or network. If you plan to host a private game and are worried about the exploit, sure, change your IP address. But It's not like you're in any danger of anything else if you don't.

Sapheros, this isn't in the rules explicitly, so I'm not giving you an infraction, but don't post overblown panic-inducing, ignorant, reactionary bullshit like that ever again. It is not helpful and causes real issues. We have been fully aware of the exploit issue and if there was a serious threat to people, we would have already made a statement. You are not helping matters by panicking and overreacting.

Last edited:
In any case, it would actually be helpful if we knew who is currently being affected by the exploit. As in, right now or at least in the last 24 hours, not several days ago, if possible. If there is anyone who is affected, please get in contact with me directly via IRC or otherwise private messaging here on the MB, so you can help me figure out how to fix this exploit. (Though not right now, I should honestly be getting some sleep - you may have better luck in 12 hours from now)

I don't hang out on the unofficial SRB2 Discord, so it's very tricky for me to get information from there without some middle man. So please, contact me by MB or IRC preferably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back