View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012   #21
Spherallic
a.k.a. sphere
Developer

Industrial Valley Zone Act 1 by Zipper
4/10
Mostly average design, with a bit too many insta-killing hazards, ranging from expectable to completely unfair. (I'm looking at you, crumbling platform with the two signs on it)

Azure Temple Zone by Mystic & Prime 2.0
10/10
So hard, but oh so satisfying once you clear a difficult section. Not to mention it's actually completely fair, polished, and (dare I say it) simply perfect.

Sonic's Schoolhouse by Boinciel
5/10
It's so basic, so simple and it should be so boring. But somehow the theme does make up for that somewhat!

Frozen Hillside Zone Act 2 by Blade
6/10
The ice palace area was pretty fun and refreshing! Too bad the rest of the level is just a less-than-well-done rehash of act 1...

Chemical Facility Zone Act 2 by CoatRack
5/10
I'm sorry, but I honestly had as much fun playing this level as I had playing Sonic's Schoolhouse, even though this level is actually so much better designed. But the difficulty is just so inconsistent, with some parts being a cakewalk and others being unfair thanks to lackluster design. The reverse gravity room comes to mind, with the overly fast conveyor belt that can only be traversed by thokking, which more often than not sends you flying into the death pit behind the platform you need to be on. And also the bouncy liquid right before that segment which can flip you into a death pit.

Lightless Labyrinth Zone by ShadowHog
8/10
Am I the only one who got completely lost and didn't like this at all? The unfittingly silly music and the unfun gimmick are basically all this level has that I could experience.
I'm sorry, past me is an idiot. Aside from the maze (that I got hopelessly lost in the first time), the level is actually quite amazing! However, leading the fire ghosts into the water can be a pain sometimes, and 3 rings might not be a lot for the final boss (which was otherwise awesome), but I have no complaints aside from those three things.

Last edited by Spherallic; 07-18-2012 at 10:24 AM.