Lost Worlds - VERSION 1.0 IS RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saphire Coast Zone : Nice level design, being able to use badniks as springs got my attention,
9/10

Desert Sands Zone : Detons + sharp turns = Almost impossible to avoid getting hurt if you're not Sonic, quicksand does not show any real threat...
8/10

Poisoned Factory Zone: I don't think of anything that should be here :P
10/10

Frozen Hillslide Zone : Well...by itself the level looks nice, a change here and there but nothing that screw up the gameplay
9/10

Magma Core Zone: Flame throwers should have longer flames, took me a while to figure out that you have to spindash in some plataforms to go up, Quite hard to beat, even in normal...

8/10

Overall: Blade, you have lots of creativity, keep going and you will make an awesome mod!

Act 1 of the fourth zone, Aqua Caves is done. It will be entered in this contest.

Also, I have made some progress on Frozen Hillside.

RindoAtoa said:
Frozen Hillslide Zone : OpenGL redwall, after that the level looks good

--image--
You're clipping the camera through the wall. Of course it's going to show some REDWALL and other oddities. That goes for 99% of levels in existence.

This mod is an interesting stack of levels, isn't it?

I think there is lots to be done, but, with some work, this could be a very promising mod.

Lets start at Zone 1, shall we? I think Sapphire coast and Magma Cavern exceled among the other two, as the design was good, the level had the right cartography to keep the character moving at all times, whilst getting some nice scenery to look at, and posing some threats to the player.

Zone 2, Your desert-esque zone, left much to be desired. Much of it had the right startings of a good level, but it needed alot of work. It was bland, and quite boring to run through. You need to put something in there that defines your level, from everyone elses.

Zone 3 was so very boring and un-memorable, I have completly forgotten it's name. The blue-check texture was awful, the level itself lacked challenges, apart from very speedy, 'snowfalls'. Include some enemies, and some variety in gameplay style here, and it could become more interesting. The music was okay, but was it required? it's always nice to try and keep filesize to a minimum.

Zone 4, Magma Caverns, was by far my favourite. You have done an excellent job in kkeeping this visually attractive, and challenging at the same time. I found myself really having to slam the keys to keep myself alive in there, but, I wasn't feeling overwhelmed. So I could keep moving, which is, of course, what Sonic is all about. My only pinprick would be that the music didn't fit the level, and, I felt it was not really required.

The boss levels where, in some cases, oversized, and in others, fun to -play. I dont particularly have anything to say about those.

All in all, I'm giving this mod a 7/10.

Fun to play, could use with some work :)

Az.

PROGRESS REPORT:

Anything that uses the Flame Thrower attack now has a larger range. Fire Turrets shouldn't be nearly useless now.

A new enemy has been added, the Fire Dome. It's basicly a Fire Turret mixed with a Jetty syn. The show up In Magma Core.

Aqua Caves act 1 has been added. Hopefully I can get a boss added in.

Frozen Hillside's textures are bigger, and has more work done on the level.

The desert level's remake is coming along well, act one is nearly done.

Next on my to-do list is to finish Poisoned Factory's custom enemy. I hope on releasing v1.0 some time late June.

Ehh, wut?

I can't acess any levels!
I don't know what's wrong...

All i do is boot it up in srb2NET, then i check the little multiplayer level select thingy. All i get is the normal zones. (I played them, too. >.>)

Mind helping? (Btw, the message that said it was corrupt DIDNT come up.)

EDIT: After beating my mind up, i finally fixed it. :/

Okay, I fell the need to say something, at least.

I had played in level pack a lot of times. All I have to say at the moment is "Good Job".

My fav maps are Magma Core Zone with its "impossible platforming" (LOLWUT?) and Death Egg.

:D

No, this mod ain't dead. Yes, It's being remade for 2.0.

It's gonna be awhile, though, as the levels will be remade from scratch. No level ports, orther than boss arenas. Most enemies will be ported, unless I can make them better.

Now then...
srb20003.png

srb20025.png

Blade said:
No level ports
No level ports? And what about Magma Core? And Death Egg?
Anyways, you should at least keep some of the gimmicks that were fun in the old version. Also, do you plan on porting the spring enemy from Sapphire Coast?

SpiritCrusher said:
Blade said:
No level ports
Anyways, you should at least keep some of the gimmicks that were fun in the old version. Also, do you plan on porting the spring enemy from Sapphire Coast?

The new versions of the stages will have nods to the originals. Magma Core Zone act 2 has a part that is part of the old one, but made better. I may also include a Archives unlockable, simulare to Mystic Realm.

And yes, all enemies will be ported over, and touched up a bit so that they work better.

One last thing. The new Magma Core act 2 now has Polyobjects.

Blade said:
SpiritCrusher said:
Blade said:
No level ports

The new versions of the stages will have nods to the originals. Magma Core Zone act 2 has a part that is part of the old one, but made better. I may also include a Archives unlockable, simulare to Mystic Realm.

And yes, all enemies will be ported over, and touched up a bit so that they work better.

One last thing. The new Magma Core act 2 now has Polyobjects.
OK, if you keep the cool parts of the old levels and add new features ON TOP of it., this is gonna be awesome.

Blade said:
...the levels will be remade from scratch.
That's a huge double edged sword you got there. On the upside, the quality will be amazing. On the downside, it will not only take forever to make, but be taxing on your endurance as a mapper.

BlueZero4 said:
Blade said:
...the levels will be remade from scratch.
That's a huge double edged sword you got there. On the upside, the quality will be amazing. On the downside, it will not only take forever to make, but be taxing on your endurance as a mapper.

I know it's gonna take a while, but I'll release demos for everyone. And I could always scap some zones, as I have 10 zones planned at the moment.

Also, untill I get a demo up, I will continue using this topic for updates.

It's been awhile since I updated this.

srb20055.png

srb20058.png

This is the first act of Jungle Ruins, the planned 7th zone in the mod. Swamp water deals water damage, so keep an eye out for water shields. The second screenshot also shows a new badnik...

spidra.png

-Spidra-
Dificulty - ***
Speed - *
Firepower - *****

This pesky little robot spider has two parts for his attack. It will start out by firing 4 sticky shots, that will stop you in your tracks if they hit you. Then it will fire 4 bullets at you, and if you got stuck, there is no way of dodging. It is pretty slow, however, so the best course of action is to run past them, like all the other enemies in the game...

Nice progress, indeed. I was wondering about this mod and I'm glad it's not dead. Hopefully, we'll have a demo soon but I can wait; also, those sprites are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back