• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Kart Krew™'s exe mods

I've missed out on quite a lot. Seeing all the new work on the project is making me excited. It's especially nice to see slopes getting some use as well. Green Hill Circuit is looking great. Part of me is glad that Speedometer isn't final. I know it's just a nitpick but I'm so used to the new Mario font (that they've been using since 3D Land), that I just think the old one looks ugly now.

I repeat my previous sentiments about maps looking r a d

are both the shortcuts on the two hairpin turns?

Correct, if that wasn't a guess, you've got some good eyes, Blitz-T hides his shortcuts well.

I've missed out on quite a lot. Seeing all the new work on the project is making me excited. It's especially nice to see slopes getting some use as well. Green Hill Circuit is looking great. Part of me is glad that Speedometer isn't final. I know it's just a nitpick but I'm so used to the new Mario font (that they've been using since 3D Land), that I just think the old one looks ugly now.

Try not to trouble yourself with what's "Mario" or not. SRB2 kart is going for it's own unique style separate from anything that Nintendo does. We choose the fonts we do because they work well with the game, not because it fits a certain theme.

Late update post this week, nothing new, but here's a clip of multiplayer gameplay in Egg Quarters. Even Redshells get some nice air-time from ramps!

Looking clean! I love the way the slopes are used with the turns. It's so dynamic.

Something about items appearing out of thin air behind you when you hold them is offputting to me. Will you be adding some sort of effect when you spawn them, perhaps like a dust cloud from a monitor pop or something?

I kinda have to agree with the texturing. It doesn't really fit with SRB2's aesthetic and they look ugly when they're any distance from the camera that isn't right under it.

It's because SRB2's Palette is limited, .png Textures support please.

That's not really a good excuse when the complaint is "the textures don't fit with the aesthetic" since there are good looking stages that are just fine with SRB2's limited palette.

I'm not really fond of the SA2 textures, even though that GIF is small, you can already tell that the textures will be hard to see far away.

That's not really a good excuse when the complaint is "the textures don't fit with the aesthetic" since there are good looking stages that are just fine with SRB2's limited palette.

I was actually referring to how the textures look blurry and less colorful compared to how they look in SA2.

Well yeah, it's butchered by the pallete, still doesn't stop people from remaking the textures properly, but I don't think we need to have kart still stuck in coding hell only to make the textures look better.

PNG textures won't solve anything when the software renderer is still 256-color with no texture filtering. The issues I can see are that the textures are too high-detail (all those shades kinda mash together into pixel barf when it shrinks down unfiltered) and the GIF is too low-resolution to accurately tell how it looks at a larger resolution. A couple screenshots at 640x400 and/or 1280x800 would be a much better judge of how those textures scale and whether the detail is a major problem.

(Not being aesthetically fitting is another point, but I have too poor an eye for that sort of thing to try to judge there)

I was going to say the same thing; I think it'll look much better with the screen resolution ramped up. I agree that SRB2 isn't the kind of game that benefits from extravagantly detailed textures, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the direction these levels are going in so far. I don't think detail is a bad thing as long as all the details are coherent.

Correct, if that wasn't a guess, you've got some good eyes, Blitz-T hides his shortcuts well.

It was an unsure analysis ;p

I'm happy to see that I was correct, though. Maybe... this means that I'll be really good when SRB2Kart comes out.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back