SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Runtype Error 53:
Type mismatch
This happened when testing a wad (Clicking on that green button) in the newest version.
Also, this isn't really a glitch, but it should be called SRBBuilder.

KingofFlames said:
AHHHHHHHHH, the bug isn't fixed! :( :( :(
*flees from mapping until EVERY bug is fixed*

0_0

In that case, it must've been a different bug I fixed.

Hokay. If you have the time, could you please give me minutely detailed instructions on how to reproduce the problem? A wad where it occurs would be very useful, too, if possbile.

Thank you.

Tapika the fox said:
Runtype Error 53:
Type mismatch
This happened when testing a wad (Clicking on that green button) in the newest version.
Also, this isn't really a glitch, but it should be called SRBBuilder.

You'll need to reset your testing options to point to your SRB2 exe (Tools->Configuration->Testing). That might be the problem.

I decided not to drop "Doom" from the title, since I don't feel that I've changed enough to merit losing the phrase "Doom Builder".

It happens with any wad (I tested all the ones I have) that was created before this build.

Nope.
Already points to SRB2WIN.EXE
...I dunno what's wrong.
EDIT: YAY! Works now. Just had to re-direct it.

Oogaland: it's that bug, where if you draw a sector on a part of another sector(by this, I mean connecting sectors), a line of the sector your connecting too will think it's part of the sector that's connecting to it. This can be one or multiple lines, they can even be from different sectors as well. It's a very annoying bug.

Oogaland said:
JJames19119 said:
EDIT2: Okay, I just tried testing out and no matter what parameters I feed it, it makes SRB2 come up with a weird "P_InitPicAnims: bad cycle from AFALL1 to AFALL2" error, making testing impossible...
Could you set the executable in the Testing options to this EXE, please, and post what it says when you try testing? It'll echo the arguments passed to it on the command line. There're one or two other things wrong with testing, so I'll release a quick patch later today, assuming I can get to the bottom of this one.

I see what's wrong. It's trying to include the "gfx.wad" file I always make DB use so I can see the texture previews and use F_SKY as a texture. (DB can't list the texture pictures from srb2.srb alone and F_SKY is never listed at all) Of course, it shouldn't normally be including gfx.wad...

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears that with a bit of work, it can list the texture pictures quite fine but still makes F_SKY an unknown flat..

And KoF: I've tried so very hard to reproduce the bug the same exact way I did before but to me, the bug has been fixed.

JJames19119 said:
I see what's wrong. It's trying to include the "gfx.wad" file I always make DB use so I can see the texture previews and use F_SKY as a texture. (DB can't list the texture pictures from srb2.srb alone and F_SKY is never listed at all) Of course, it shouldn't normally be including gfx.wad...

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears that with a bit of work, it can list the texture pictures quite fine but still makes F_SKY an unknown flat..

And KoF: I've tried so very hard to reproduce the bug the same exact way I did before but to me, the bug has been fixed.
Ah, okay. I've always just let it get tex previews from the IWAD and been content to have an "Unknown Flat" for F_SKY1, which is why I hadn't picked up on this earlier. I'll add a checkbox to the testing options to determine whether the resources wad should be included. I still plan to get a small update out within the next few hours.

KoF: I just missed you on IRC it seems (after you PMed me earlier); with any luck we'll cross paths some time later. I'm AFK for significant chunks of the time, but I usually remember to /away myself.

Don't ask why it bothers me to have F_SKY an "unknown flat", it just makes me think it's an error when it's not. O_o

r18

Here's an updated build that fixes various testing problems: http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0569864/builder_srb2-r18.zip. You can choose whether to add the resources wad in the testing options, now. I also added a difficulty combobox.

No progress on your bug yet, KoF, although I'd hope it'll be fairly straightforward to fix once I can reproduce it. (And I notice I missed you on IRC again... Maybe next time...) Expect an r19 once that's been seen to, after which normal proceedings should resume.

Decided to get this suggestion out: MSPaint style copying. If you hold the Ctrl key down while you start dragging a sector, you start dragging a copy of that sector while leaving the original intact. Would make copy-pasting less frequent.

Re: r18

Oogaland said:
No progress on your bug yet, KoF, although I'd hope it'll be fairly straightforward to fix once I can reproduce it. (And I notice I missed you on IRC again... Maybe next time...) Expect an r19 once that's been seen to, after which normal proceedings should resume.
Good to know, I hope you find out what's causing the problem.

I just tried drawing a sector that had a lower sector with F_SKY as the floor flat and a zero difference sector with a grass flat and when the sector properties for it came up, it acted as if I was editing the two previous sectors I mentioned, meaning that the flat and floor height were completely blank...when I clicked okay and looked around none of the sidedef references were incorrect so I assumed it was the earlier bug that was fixed trying to come back again but sort of...limited.

That would be your computer's fault. Try restarting the computer and see if that fixes your problem.

I think I found a bug. Testing a game with the Time-only Race gametype selected will have it use the CTF gametype instead. Also, the Full Race gametype will start with Tag instead, so it's selecting the gametype two options above.

And for some very odd reason, Team Match does Race mode.

Forgot to update the list indexes again? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back