OpenGL problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
fox.dx2 said:
edit: opengl and nvidia are enemies.

..what are you talking about? I use an NVidia GeForce and OpenGL works about 10 times better than Software.

there was a system file transfer with an external hard drive after hp failed us. after the transfer, somehow opengl started running slow. we should get a better video card.

iv'e been asking my dad for a new video card . he likes the card for some reason :x! he says it has "good graphics".

Shuffle said:
fox.dx2 said:

..what are you talking about? I use an NVidia GeForce and OpenGL works about 10 times better than Software.

What he means is that DirectX runs better on nVidia than OpenGL does. And it most certainly is true.

FoxBlitzz said:
Shuffle said:
fox.dx2 said:

What he means is that DirectX runs better on nVidia than OpenGL does. And it most certainly is true.

Not on mine.. like I said, it runs about 10 times better. >_>

Shuf, you're comparing OpenGL to Software. I'm comparing DirectX to OpenGL. I already know how much faster they are than software. :P

No, it does on mine, too.

...y'know, in case you didn't just read what I was saying. >_>

Software mode is for those with slow graphics cards. Hardware mode is for those with fast graphics cards. You see, Software mode is less dependant on the hardware for speed, while Hardware mode is sensitive: a slow card will bring miserable performance while a better card will provide blazingly fast rendering speeds.

fox.dx2 said:
also, check which processor you have first before running opengl.
if it's celeron, it runs slow.

i use a celeron which only runs at 633mhz and that is'nt slow! or it could just be the celeron D range, like with my friend his 2.66ghz 96mb graphics card vs my good old 633mhz celeron 64mb graphics card, and it still outperforms him.

back on topic for me...

you could always go back to the store you got the card from and tell them it doesn't work.

EDIT: i can play srb2 without opengl on a PIII 435mhz

phazon sonic said:
Nothing, the only thing is, untill we get this computer fixed or I find out whats wrong with it I wont be able to play srb2.
Play it in software mode....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back