[Open Assets] Terminal - a netplay enhancement plugin

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I have found a problem even worse than the problem before, executing loadall.txt automatically causes the game to crash. All of the files are there. The only thing that might be different is i had a couple of wads on start-up, could that be the case?

It depends. If those wads used Lua in them, then it might be a case of Lua overflow. Otherwise, I have no idea.

It depends. If those wads used Lua in them, then it might be a case of Lua overflow. Otherwise, I have no idea.
Yeah, i think it's pretty bad when you load touchpop.lua, lua_advitems.wad, and lua_boss.wad before loading terminal up

EDIT: The WORST thing about this is that I can't start SRB2Hub at all, even if it was added to autoexec.cfg, and even then, the lua in srb2hub will auto crash the game no matter how it's added.

EDIT2: Nevermind, I had too much lua wads again.

Last edited:
Adding files without Lua can still crash the game as long as something that does have Lua was already added.

Last edited:
Okay, I have found a problem even worse than the problem before, executing loadall.txt automatically causes the game to crash. All of the files are there. The only thing that might be different is i had a couple of wads on start-up, could that be the case?
Change the order you add everything in. Even try adding other files between the different Terminal modules. When you find a combination that works you can make your own loading script that loads them in that order.

I have figured it out, the SRB2Hub's Gameplay and Hangout area have so much lua, terminal added to it will cause it to crash upon loading it.

SRB2 Hub does not contain any Lua at all. As stated countless times before, keep changing the order you add the wads in until it works.

SRB2 Hub does not contain any Lua at all. As stated countless times before, keep changing the order you add the wads in until it works.
Thankfully, I'm now able to access the hub and with less wads as well, i also put some extra commands in the loadall.txt to make the order less cramped.

Ah, this looks like something good to crack into. These kinds of permissions are sorely needed in SRB2. (Now to convince everyone ever to run these luas, and wait on that autoregister program - remember to check if it plays nice with Microsoft's EMET by asking for optouts if it needs!)

And I've also heard secondhand reports of a lack of sanity checks, such as being able to votekick server hosts on non-dedicated servers. Don't know if it's true, though.

And I've also heard secondhand reports of a lack of sanity checks, such as being able to votekick server hosts on non-dedicated servers. Don't know if it's true, though.
I'm not sure if it will actually work once the voting's finished, but you're right; we forgot to check if the player being votekicked is the host. The next update will make this check. (It might also prevent UP_FULLACCESS players from being votekicked, but we haven't decided for sure yet.) In the meantime, you're free to make the change yourself in the files you host with.

I tested the votekick with me as the host. I didnt get kicked at all. So, probably no need to fear about that.

An easy (and probably late) suggestion? Can you add a setscore command? If you already have one, please tell me what command it is.

That's... not very practical, to be honest. As such, Terminal doesn't have a command like that.

Last edited:
Splash screens are automatically enabled depending on the presence of three lumps in any wad. You can check Terminal_Help.lua (Terminal_Core.lua on github and the next update) for the lump names and their transparency settings.

Is it possible to report stuff about the GitHub version?

You should fix the object spawn command, because it doesn't spawn objects in front of me, but at 45° absolute of me.

Okay.

Also, I like this, reminds me of Sourcemod and AMX Mod, where I could jump literally everywhere and noclip around :P

Where I can contact you just for the lulz? And because bugs and stuff
EDIT: If possible, by any other means not implying Mumble, as I do not "voice chat" in english but I do write and read in this language.
I mean that that's hard for me knowing I'm learning english.

Last edited:
You should fix the object spawn command, because it doesn't spawn objects in front of me, but at 45° absolute of me.

Huh, I don't remember any situations like that, but I haven't tried the command in a while. I'll give it a shot next time I get the chance.

Where I can contact you just for the lulz? And because bugs and stuff
EDIT: If possible, by any other means not implying Mumble, as I do not "voice chat" in english but I do write and read in this language.
I mean that that's hard for me knowing I'm learning english.
You can contact us on IRC, we usually stick around in #srb2fun or in our own channel, #SRB2Terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back