Super Mystic Sonic (V.1.09.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super mystic sonic said:
I've been thinking about SMS popularity to newbies for some time. I'm trying to work on it, to make sure advanced players like it, without losing newbies to it.
What I'm saying is that the reason newbies like it is the EXACT reason the advanced players hate it. Newbies don't care about recolors, and love overpowered stuff. Advanced players think recolors suck, want something original, and want characters to have relevant drawbacks which add more gameplay variety. The two are diametrically opposed, and there really isn't any way to make advanced players like SMS. As I said, you've obviously struck a nerve with newer players, as they appear to love your overpowered recolor, but advanced players just aren't going to like it no matter what you do to it.

For the "normal" SRB2 he's just too ahem... super? :lol:

But I guess he'll be okay within his own mod with super hard enemies and very difficult (means impossible for normal characters) platformgames. I am really not a fan of SMS, too, but I think that there's potential because of all the work SMS (now talking about the creator) has had with it.
And like you may have noticed: Even if nearly 80% (or more) of the forum-members dislike this character, SMS (the creator) goes on working. I think the most important difference between SMS and other recoulors is, that he has not been canceled after one week or two.

Mystic said:
Advanced players think recolors suck, want something original, and want characters to have relevant drawbacks which add more challenge variety.

Gameplay variety a bit, but especially a new way to relive the challenge. With a overpowerd character, you can complete the level at any way, and that gives you more level variety then a underpowerd character. A overpowerd character ruins the challenge for average/advanced players, but it adds a lot of new ways to complete the level and acces new area's, and its also handy for those who cannot complete the game with the normal characters.

But no doubt about it, once I've done the new enemies, it'll be harder to complete the game with SMS' wad added, then without him. And with homing removed, these enemies are even more dangerous. Your best chance to get trough a level is to ignore the enemies and to finish the level as quick as you can.

PS: Maybe, just maybe there might be a difficulty harder then ultimate. No rings, 1 life, all enemies, no shields, drowning in 10 seconds, and die if you can't complete the level in a certain time. This might only apear in SMS 1.09.8(or later), though......

Morph said:
For the "normal" SRB2 he's just too ahem... super?

But I guess he'll be okay within his own mod with super hard enemies and very difficult (means impossible for normal characters) platformgames. I am really not a fan of SMS, too, but I think that there's potential because of all the work SMS (now talking about the creator) has had with it.
And like you may have noticed: Even if nearly 80% (or more) of the forum-members dislike this character, SMS (the creator) goes on working. I think the most important difference between SMS and other recoulors is, that he has not been canceled after one week or two.

The reason why SMS is differen't from all recolors, is that I putted in all my heart(even though its just basicly a recolor). I made a character mod like thing, made mystic hunters, SMSblast, and SMSblast2. Thats really putting effort in your character, and thats exactly the thing that makes SMS differen't. Btw. of all the forum members, I can say 100 -/+ are pro's. The rest are newer guys. So I think 10% of the forum hates this wad.

Seanic said:
It's true what mystic says, it's more fun to actually beat the game yourself, and it feels like a big accomplishment when done with sonic ^^

The point Im trying to make is, SMS is fun to some, and the rest only like him cause he runs on water. I'm gonna need a more original charector (there aren't many tails edits out there HINT HINT)

I don't even see the how SMS can be 20 times as powerfull as Sonic. From my point of view(I bet many disagree with me), SMS just has a few more move options, but he isn't very overpowerd or something. (embarassing, but I always say: DAMN YOU, UNDERPOWERD SMS, when I get hit, even if I'm 1st place with 500 or more in front of the enemy)

And don't suddenly encourage Tails recolors now. The wads I'm encouraging are: Espio, Silver, Omega, and Cream. Other wads such as Rouge, Big, metal <entercharactername> aren't really the wads I'm interested in, but wich I still encourage.

Super mystic sonic said:
Gameplay variety a bit, but especially a new way to relive the challenge. With a overpowerd character, you can complete the level at any way, and that gives you more level variety then a underpowerd character. A overpowerd character ruins the challenge for average/advanced players, but it adds a lot of new ways to complete the level and acces new area's, and its also handy for those who cannot complete the game with the normal characters.
I don't think you get it. The reason there ARE multiple characters in the first place is to add gameplay variety. The whole point of having more than one character in Sonic games is to allow you to do different things based on what ability set you have. The level variety is from playing as someone else. As InstantSonic says in the ending: "If you haven't already, try playing as a different character to uncover MORE secrets and hidden items. Did you find all those Chaos Emeralds?"

Having a character have all abilities defeats the purpose of having multiple characters in the first place. If you can do everything as one character, why bother playing as anyone else? You also must understand the advanced players find the game easy ALREADY, and don't need any more extra power to make it even easier. Personally, I don't mind the existance of this WAD, but I have no reason to ever download it.

Super mystic sonic said:
I don't even see the how SMS can be 20 times as powerfull as Sonic. From my point of view(I bet many disagree with me), SMS just has a few more move options, but he isn't very overpowerd or something. (embarassing, but I always say: DAMN YOU, UNDERPOWERD SMS, when I get hit, even if I'm 1st place with 500 or more in front of the enemy)
Getting hit is not the character being underpowered, it's you playing badly. I mean, if I made a Tails clone that can fly indefinitely, would getting hit be the character's fault for being weak? No, that would just me being a bad player and not utilizing the crazy-overpowered character to its full potential, flying over any and all potential hazards.

SMS is crazy-overpowered. The multithok is incredibly overpowering, and all the flags being on at once allows the player to do an insane amount of stuff effortlessly. Compare that to Sonic, who has a powerful move, the thok. Sonic's thok, while a powerful move, allows him to thrust forward in any direction until he hits the ground. The old multithok allows full control while in the air at the maximum speed possible. I remember many times in old match thokking at someone and turning directly around in midair when they started firing and thokking in the exact opposite direction to avoid the shot, and then turning around AGAIN before landing to thok towards them again to fire. If you get hit while using such an insanely powerful move, that's your OWN fault. =P

Mystic said:
SMS is crazy-overpowered. The multithok is incredibly overpowering, and all the flags being on at once allows the player to do an insane amount of stuff effortlessly. Compare that to Sonic, who has a powerful move, the thok. Sonic's thok, while a powerful move, allows him to thrust forward in any direction until he hits the ground. The old multithok allows full control while in the air at the maximum speed possible. I remember many times in old match thokking at someone and turning directly around in midair when they started firing and thokking in the exact opposite direction to avoid the shot, and then turning around AGAIN before landing to thok towards them again to fire. If you get hit while using such an insanely powerful move, that's your OWN fault. =P

I just say: DAMNYOU, UNDERPOWERD WEAK CHARACTER, if hit. Anytime I'm playing with 8/4 people in match, they all seem to be chasing me. Some guy stays railing at me, another tails is flying trying to rail me. I have 3 Sonic's chasing me trying to hit me with a normal ring. And I have 1 Knuckles coming at me from behind. Now SMS wasn't added that game, but it sure was exciting. I got amazed by the fact I hitted them all with rings. I'll never forget I shot all the 3 Sonic's with 1 little explosion ring.

But hey, its just a joke when I say DAMNYOU, UNDERPOWERD WEAK CHARACTER!

PS: You might give Knuckles and Tails a chance to win a race in time-only race as well. I know its horrible off-topic, but I felt like saying that.

Super mystic sonic said:
And don't suddenly encourage Tails recolors now. The wads I'm encouraging are: Espio, Silver, Omega, and Cream. Other wads such as Rouge, Big, metal <entercharactername> aren't really the wads I'm interested in, but wich I still encourage.

Glad to know you support Espio.

And Im saying Tails edits with diffrent moves (since there are so many now), Thus going back to what mystic said about variety.

HOSTING UPDATE!

This time the previous main server(megaupload), is now changed to mirror 3. The main server is now connected to my site, and just clicking the link lets you download SMS. I also refreshed the mirrors, so I can promise the mirror downloads work for the coming time.

Woah! I nearly forgot about it. Today I added the right sms-music.wad when playing as SMS, and then something came to mind: YOU UPLOADED THE WRONG MUSIC AND PUBLICED IT!!!

Yup. This means its time for me to upload the right music.
The song is called: "Unleash the monster-main theme of SMS".
I'm sure some of you already know parts of it.

I now updated the main server link. (only the main server, not the mirrors) If you download SMS from there, you'll automaticly get the right sms-music added in the zip. I also managed to make sms.zip 2MB smaller, wich will probably encourage you guys to download.

Note: the Super Mystic Sonic wad inside the zip hasn't changed(but the sms-music has), so you can keep your old version, since that version still works in netgames.

I quite liked the old music you put in by mistake despite the guy singing was drunk, but I will try the new music anyway.

Edit:I have heard the new music and it was boring, good job I have a copy of the old music.

Bouncey said:
I quite liked the old music you put in by mistake despite the guy singing was drunk, but I will try the new music anyway.

Edit:I have heard the new music and it was boring, good job I have a copy of the old music.

The real music is instrumental. (the voices you sometimes hear are just the background effects) The reason why you hear godzilla like roars in the background explains the name: "Unleash the monster -main theme of SMS"

And....how you can you like drunk guys singin? He sounds emo, wich doesn't fit heavy metal.

I meant I like the heavy metal and the lyrics slightly but I didn't like how the guy was drunk.

When I first saw you say that it was really bad I thought it would be loads of horrible guitar and drum noises trough you ears, with some complete retard signing, it was NOTHING like that well except from the guy was out of tune (Becase he was drunk).

OFFTOPIC:

I felt bad when I saw my little SMS topic between 2 locked topics. *shakes*

BACKONTOPIC:

Well, since SMS 1.09.5 isn't the SMS 1.09.6 version, I'll give the "whats new" posts again to you guys.

the real new list for SMS 1.09.6 said:
-Extra Soccing works for SMS' and HMS' frames.
-Mystic will be improved slightly.
-You'll start out with Sonic, and you'll need 30 rings to transform to SMS. Once you have the mystic gem, you'll be SMS automaticly.
-More powers to handle with HMS. He's supposed to be overpowerd as hell, but thats what a hyperform is, huh?
-More and more SOCs.
-Some extra unlockable mini-maps for SMS
-More specials!
-Custom intro....maybe, maybe not. Thats for you to decide!

This will be the update in SMS 1.09.5:

for SMS 1.09.5 said:
-HMS will be tottally remade
-HMS will get his own ability if I have this list done with some time left.
-New moves and weaknesses.
-All enemies done
-Better Soccing
-Tiny update to map50
-Few extra special effects
-With luck, new maps as unlockables. In normal, map50 as unlockable. With bad luck, no unlockables at all this version.

Although its still a great list, don't expect much more for SMS 1.09.5. However, in SMS 1.09.6 you can expect much more then listed in the list.

Super mystic sonic said:
OFFTOPIC:

I felt bad when I saw my little SMS topic between 2 locked topics. *shakes*

BACKONTOPIC:

Well, since SMS 1.09.5 isn't the SMS 1.09.6 version, I'll give the "whats new" posts again to you guys.

the real new list for SMS 1.09.6 said:
-Extra Soccing works for SMS' and HMS' frames. Cool
-Mystic will be improved slightly. Meh
-You'll start out with Sonic, and you'll need 30 rings to transform to SMS. Once you have the mystic gem, you'll be SMS automaticly. Is that possible.
-More powers to handle with HMS. He's supposed to be overpowerd as hell, but thats what a hyperform is, huh? Maybe
-More and more SOCs. Uhh...
-Some extra unlockable mini-maps for SMS. Perhaps you should make a Emerald Hunting Level and you have to find pices of the Mystic Emerald.
-More specials! Intresting
-Custom intro....maybe, maybe not. Thats for you to decide! Maybe you should make it the oringal intro untill one part he finds the Mystic Emerald and he turns into SMS

This will be the update in SMS 1.09.5:

for SMS 1.09.5 said:
-HMS will be tottally remade. Awesome
-HMS will get his own ability if I have this list done with some time left. Instresting
-New moves and weaknesses. Good.
-All enemies done. Cool
-Better Soccing. Meh
-Tiny update to map50. Meh
-Few extra special effects Cool
-With luck, new maps as unlockables. In normal, map50 as unlockable. With bad luck, no unlockables at all this version. Meh

Although its still a great list, don't expect much more for SMS 1.09.5. However, in SMS 1.09.6 you can expect much more then listed in the list.

Draykon said:
Ok, I want to know how you plan on doing 75% of that.

Didn't you see the difference between SMS 1.09.2 and SMS 1.09.4?(600 extra sprites made, and all SMS sprites edited as well!!!) Well, this is nothing compared to that.

Believe me Draykon, if I make a actual update to something, it'll be big. I never, ever just give a update from "whee, look I edited the OBJCTCFG a bit so it works with 1.09.4".

Every update I ever made:

SMS 1.09.4 (the biggest character update in history of SRB2)
Super Shadow (A superform, new skating sprites, and balanced abilities)
Mario pack v 1.09.4 (A huge update. Every character got completely remade and got their own custom shooting ability)
SADX-sonic (New sprites, fixed abilities, and a handmade superform to prove I'm not only good in recolor spriting)
SRB2soundpack (A extreme update in music.dta. The legendary version is the best of the best.)
SMSblast 2 (You should call this a update to SRB2. This is a whole new mod that only uses models, is faster then any Sonic game ever, and the cutscene quality's are the same as Sonic heroes' high quality cutscenes. Its theme is tropical. You need a fast computer and a good card, though. The running on buildings is kinda buggy, although it does give you a sense of freedom. Right now, this mod is kinda unplayable. 450 MB, a great computer, and lots of dll files are needed.)

Super mystic sonic said:
Draykon said:
Ok, I want to know how you plan on doing 75% of that.

Didn't you see the difference between SMS 1.09.2 and SMS 1.09.4?(600 extra sprites made, and all SMS sprites edited as well!!!) Well, this is nothing compared to that.

Believe me Draykon, if I make a actual update to something, it'll be big. I never, ever just give a update from "whee, look I edited the OBJCTCFG a bit so it works with 1.09.4".

Every update I ever made:

SMS 1.09.4 (the biggest character update in history of SRB2)
Super Shadow (A superform, new skating sprites, and balanced abilities)
Mario pack v 1.09.4 (A huge update. Every character got completely remade and got their own custom shooting ability)
SADX-sonic (New sprites, fixed abilities, and a handmade superform to prove I'm not only good in recolor spriting)
SRB2soundpack (A extreme update in music.dta. The legendary version is the best of the best.)
SMSblast 2 (You should call this a update to SRB2. This is a whole new mod that only uses models, is faster then any Sonic game ever, and the cutscene quality's are the same as Sonic heroes' high quality cutscenes. Its theme is tropical. You need a fast computer and a good card, though. The running on buildings is kinda buggy, although it does give you a sense of freedom. Right now, this mod is kinda unplayable. 450 MB, a great computer, and lots of dll files are needed.)
SMS this is a great wad. But did you really add 600 new sprites how many sprites are in this thing? Oh and by the way what is SMSblast 2 and when will it be playable (sry for bumping the topic like that)
Long live SMS

Super Mystic Sonic - OMG DIRECTX 10!

camo man said:
SMS this is a great wad. But did you really add 600 new sprites how many sprites are in this thing? Oh and by the way what is SMSblast 2 and when will it be playable (sry for bumping the topic like that)
Long live SMS

The total sprites here in SMS 1.09.4 are -/+ 876 lumps. Nearly 600 lumps of those are newly added. SMS1095 will have 200+ sprites added and will reach the 1000 lumps point.

As for SMSblast 2, from 6 of the 8 beta testers I heard it ran very slow on their computer.

Needed stuff:
Lots of dll files (12 extra dll's to download)
DVD support. The movies of SMSblast 2 use a DVD engine.
A high grapic card
A computer with 500+ RAM.
450 MB to download the file from internet in a zip.
A gigabyte free on your disk.
DirectX 10
Stereo speakers (or surround, but mono doesn't seem to work)
A extremely fast internet to download those 450 MB

Can you even believe its based on SRB2? Faster, more 3D stuff, a dynamic camera, a total new life system, tricks to perform and walls to run on, and amazing as it is: DVD-like cutscenes.

I might tell it spectacular, but its quite still buggy at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back