Games that lots of people don't like, but you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic 06: I don't really know why people hate it. Sure, its glitchy, but the storyline to me was pretty cool, actually. The mach speed parts are fun and enjoyable, and the music was just awesome.

I have to Agree, Sonic 06 was great game to me as well. I keep falling in Discussion with people that say "No, That was a horrible game because of glitches".

This game's Storyline was epic, a hedgehog comming from the future to kick sonic's ass because he is apparently the One who'll trigger the world's destruction, Fighting a Demonic Lava guy for the Lulz and doing everything you can in order to prevent robotnik get the princess (That sounds like if Sonic 06 Was a mario game XD)

Who expected them to bring back things like the City Stages (SA), Time Travelling (SCD) and an old friend, The Whale from emerald coast?, Wasn't it Nice to see old things from past sonic games?.

Its soundtrack, I Just love it, Specially songs like "The Water" (KV) and Abandoned Mine (RT), Those are songs you can't forget easily... And We also have "The Volcano" (FC) That was a master piece and ,Why not to mention it, His World... Im sure people still listens to it nowadays.

The Graphics of the characters and the enviorement were just amazing, I really liked how the Forest and the water in Tropical Jungle looked... Oh yeah, how to forget the walls in Kingdom Valley, the rocks in Wave Ocean or the Egg Carrier Itself, They all looked Beautiful with the Graphics used in this game didn't they?.

How Can people hate this game because of the glitches when you have an awesome OST, Amazing Graphics, good level designs and, in my opinion, a nice Storyline?. If people considered these points before going "Rawr" over the game because of the glitches, They would find an enjoyable and fun game.

Unless you mean some people assume that all sonic game gear games are bad.

Pretty much. Sonic Game Gear games have a stigma for being rather shoddy and Triple Trouble is one of the reasons why I am more generous toward Game Gear games than most. Although I've never tried the Game Gear Spinball, which I've heard is more buggy than Sonic 2 GG.

I'd also have to say that I liked the werehog portion of the Wii/PS2 version of Sonic Unleashed. Although I would have liked to see more intricate platforming in the daytime levels, the nighttime levels made up for it most of the time. Besides which, the controls for the werehog were surprisingly solid when you weren't using the wii/nunchuk. He definitely controlled better than Sonic who is pretty much unplayable if you're not going at top speed.

How Can people hate this game because of the glitches when you have an awesome OST, Amazing Graphics, good level designs and, in my opinion, a nice Storyline?. If people considered these points before going "Rawr" over the game because of the glitches, They would find an enjoyable and fun game.

Because the game was rushed to high hell, they fired their ENTIRE testing staff, the physics were junk, some mechanics like the Homing Attack just decided to work when they felt like it, the other side characters mostly played like junk except for Blaze, the plot had more holes in it than swiss cheese, and the graphics were outclassed about a month later? Not to mention, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MWEHwvcnyM&playnext_from=TL&videos=XZIuCeBIm3k

Some of these other games I can understand, but Sonic 06 is inexcusable. They just didn't care.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand:

Sonic R

Why do I like this soundtrack? I have no godly idea. Damnit Work it Out. And I loved how there were multiple paths and everything too. Once you learned about tight turning, it got a lot more fun. Shame the only unlockable characters are robot clones with one overpowered guy and there were so few tracks...

Sonic Riders

That learning curve is real nasty, but once you get it, the game becomes very fun. It has a lot more skill to it then Mario Kart or something. though, Tails + Heavy Bike is totally OP. ZG was a disappointment to me majorly since it removed a great deal of the skill.

There's more I can put on this list, probably, but I can't recall any ATM.

Prince Of Persia(360): I;ve played a little of a game and it was fun and i saw no problems with it, but most of my friends are always saying either its too hard or its just not that great of a game.

Spectrobes Origins(Wii): Not many people I know looked foward to this game, and although yes it does look like a pokemon ripoff, it was still a entertaining game for the Wii.

Fusion Frenzy 2(360): Call me crazy, but I liked the original one, and this one wasn't that bad, there was some flaws, but nonetheless it was a enjoyable game.

I really like Mega Man X Command Mission. It was very first RPG, but not my first Mega Man game. I didn't know it was an RPG when I bought it.

I was disappointed at first but the graphics, gameplay, music, and story got me hooked it.

I wish capcom made a sequel or something because I really enjoyed this game.

I'm not sure if a lot of people don't like it or if people just don't talk about it, but I liked Geist for the GameCube. I thought the gameplay was pretty creative, it could have used a better story or more responsive controls, but they worked otherwise and the game was fun for a while. I'm actually thinking of trying to give it another shot.

Hah, I have an easy answer; Megaman Star Force! My guess is that they have finished at three installments; nothing for that series has been announced since SF3 (besides EXEOSS).

Sonic SK6: It was a really fun game, don't have it anymore. Why people don't like it makes me think that people just don't like Sonic because they're retards.

There's the obligatory "Sonic Heroes". I... really loved that game. It was still a good 3D Sonic game. It was fun playing as all of the characters with their different attributes and the levels were awesome. Plus. The Chaotix were brought back.

I second that. Even if Chaotix itself was retconned into oblivion, Rouge was turned from a Darkstalkers reference into a generic thief, and you need to do a No Damage Run practically to get to the Special Stage.

Metal Sonic got the awesome he deserved and Amy's love of Sonic went from occasionally entertaining to downright creepy; so creepy in fact that I made it a TVTropes example.

Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Probably Sonic Unleashed too, since a lot of people didn't liked the werehog gimmick because it's "slow and boring", but you can't compare the daylight speed stages to the night beat-em-up stages.

Sonic R

Why do I like this soundtrack? I have no godly idea. Damnit Work it Out. And I loved how there were multiple paths and everything too. Once you learned about tight turning, it got a lot more fun. Shame the only unlockable characters are robot clones with one overpowered guy and there were so few tracks...

Ah yes the soundtrack, its pretty upbeat and fun when you think about it. Also the game was fun and a great 90's nostalgia festival at that.

Well that was a pretty big bump.

Sigh, might as well do the same:

Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic 06
Sonic and the Secret Rings

Edit: I read the title of this thread wrong. Oops.

So, games that people hate that I like? I do get a perverse sense of enjoyment from playing the train wreck that is Sonic 2006, but as for games I think really shouldn't get as bad a rap as they do, Splatterhouse for the PS3 was gory fun. Howard Drossin of Sonic Spinball fame composed much of the soundtrack, and the insert songs by a variety of heavy metal and metalcore bands were hard driving fun. Gameplay was simplistic but satisfying, especially with a full repertoire of skills unlocked. And the story was surprisingly engrossing, even though it did get a little confusing near the end. Overall, a solid 7/10 experience for me.

Last edited:
Sonic R (Saturn). It's just fun to run around with the cast like this, and I think the music is amazing.

Vexx (PS2). This is more of a title nobody has really heard of, and it kind of deserves the lack of attention. It's a huge rip off of Super Mario 64 in the style of gameplay, but I love the music and the art style, and the game is all around fun to play for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back