big problem with the SRB2DB Editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternallyAries

That Aries Title
Ok so I been mapping for a long time for this game. And I been using Windows 7 for a while now. Its been going good on this editor and all of a sudden lately I keep getting this error when I go into 3D mode. When i'm in it. It crashes as soon I move.

Here the error.

Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':

Automation error
Unspecified error

I have no idea why this keeps happening to me. So I'm hoping you guys know the problem so I can get this out of the way soon and get back to finish the maps I been needing to get done.

I have a problem too. If I use the damn thing too long, It crosses linedefs when I try to make a new sector and connect it with a previously made sector! This really gets annoying when it happens minutes after the stupid thing opens!

Well I still am in need of help. But I decided to post a pic of a fully working level from SRB2 and it give the error and I still have no idea how the hell to fix this.

This pic shows the error. Also turn it into a link so that you all can see it in full size and see the text.

I hope someone here can help me. Since i'm stuck and can't map a level anymore unless this error is fix.

I had a similar problem when I first started using Community Build. It's just a guess but try updating all your video drivers. Especially if this is a problem that you just started experiencing out of nowhere. Because if one part of your computer is updated and another is not, you may start seeing some compatibility issues.

Well I been using SRB2DB2 for a few days now. But it don't have everything I need unlike SRB2DB. Like color mapping. And FOF setups. This is a great editor. But I really need to know how to fix SRB2DB so I can map a level with all the things I need.

Not to mention that you can't do multiple floor over floors over the same sector with the FOF wizard.

I've never bothered with any of the wizards. Takes the fun out of it. Besides, in the new builder so much of everything can be handled in visual mode.

Aries, have you updated all your drivers? What are you missing to make DB2 work?

Well sorry for not responding anyway.

I just factory restore my laptop so now it back to it state when I got it.

So then I use Windows Updates and updated everything. Once that was done I downloaded SRB2DB and it work. The error is gone now.

I just wonder how this can happen? So I can stay away from this error.

I'm glad you got that fixed. I'm sure the solution leis somewhere in the updates, especially in video drivers. The most important thing someone can do make sure that these drivers are up to date. I don't personally use windows updates because there's often a lot of crap you don't need (that will just slow down your computer) and too often vital video drivers aren't found by the automatic updater, especially if your using a non-standard card. I typically go to the website of the card manufacturer for their most recent drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back