Fixed [2.1.24] Server gets stuck in credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wumbo

edited
I've noticed this a few times so far, but if you press ENTER while the credits are playing on a Multiplayer server, everything pretty much falls apart.

First, the normal Chaos Emerald screen would come up, but after this, it goes to a black screen and nothing happens, the game starts lagging, and though you can open the console and pause the game, it leaves an afterimage on the screen, as if the entire screen is a missing texture. Also, I believe the game freezes if you try to leave the server. If you restart the game and try to rejoin the server, it will freeze at the "Requesting to Join..." screen. You can press ESC to see the pause menu, and then press ESC again to actually be in the broken server again, but this time, it's likely that you will quickly be kicked for a connection timeout.

This is actually really bad for Co-Op servers, as it gives anybody a quick and easy way to completely demolish the server just by pressing a single button during the credits. I accidentally did that on a Dedicated Server, and now I feel bad :(

It shouldn't be too hard to fix this glitch. Maybe preventing people from skipping the credits in Multiplayer at all would work?

It doesn't really kill the server during a multiplayer session (provided the server isn't a dedicated one), it just merely freezes there for a while before warping back to the starting map. You can still use commands like "map" (if you have admin powers) to go away from that screen faster.

It doesn't really kill the server during a multiplayer session (provided the server isn't a dedicated one), it just merely freezes there for a while before warping back to the starting map. You can still use commands like "map" (if you have admin powers) to go away from that screen faster.
Are you sure that it just "freezes for a while"? I visited the server I mentioned in the original post around an hour after it froze, and it was still refusing to do anything.

Provided the server is not dedicated, yes, I'm sure. It just freezes for a few seconds on a blank screen (not black, but blank - No drawables of any kind in it) before the game warps back to whatever the starting map is. It doesn't look like it should do that though. It blocks out joiners.

I've been hearing about issues with the credits screen and dedicated servers, things that have been addressed already, and it seems like dedicated servers just don't like the credits. It crashes or hangs or something like that.

Last edited:
What's wrong with just warping directly to the map instead?

Well if you're playing in single-player and you finish it, the game wouldn't take you all the way back, right? Since multi-player doesn't affect any save files, even without mods, it's probably trying to send you to the title screen. Hence the blank screen, because it might only try once, and then it just screws itself from there. (Many people are dicks and press ENTER when they shouldn't. This method kills dedicated servers as many people said before.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back