• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

MK's - Alternate Vanilla Maps (Slopes Included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK.exe

The one and only!
Kart Krew™️
MK here just showing you guys what i've been up to, this is basically an alternate version to the vanilla maps.

srb20202.png

You probably seen this map before when i had trouble with slopes

srb20206.png

Sapphire falls with an extension

srb20221.png

Slopes in Jade Valley

srb20223.png

More from Jade Valley

I have added 2 of my own maps and done some more work on other maps. I hope to get all the maps done

Feedback is appreciated :)

Last edited:
This... actually looks really nice, Jade Valley looks so much smoother with slopes.

Tidal Palace love

Stuff on Tidal palace...

srb20240.png

Deep Sea inspiration

srb20239.png

Brand New Bomb Panel Location

srb20238.png

Slopes and Pillars

srb20241.png

Invisible Fans SPOOKY

The large room looks much too crowded, and I think it looked better with it's lavender luster. In fact, I liked the purple a lot more for the most part, it lets it stand out against the other maps. Just try not to cluster the whole place with so many columns, because it'll be hard to navigate through and disrupt the flow of Match. Big open rooms are needed for rapid characters, like Sonic.

If you want to feature slopes, you should at least give the place a more temple-feel and add some dips and rises in the floor, so that players can make use of the fire trail.

I only added the clusters of colums to make sense of more cover for players and yes i have tried to add some more slopes into this map and i do agree it does need some work but as it is it's still pretty incomplete. Thanks for the feedback

Well. I done some major refining today on Tidal Palace.

- I added some more slopes where possible.
- I kept the same house style since i just like it like that
- There are less pilars in the big room so its not that crowded

I will showcase some of my maps i have made tomorrow

The alternate vanilla maps so far are pretty good, but just asking if you are going to do either Noxious Factory or Thunder Citadel next, or probably do a CTF map? [btw, (even though I was playing the game since 2.0.7, but barely at all compared to 2.1.14; and also even though I made a map myself, but never released it somewhat) maybe you could do a custom map?] You DON'T have to do more maps if you don't want to, but (excluding yourself) anyone has a decision. Thx.

The alternate vanilla maps so far are pretty good, but just asking if you are going to do either Noxious Factory or Thunder Citadel next, or probably do a CTF map? [btw, (even though I was playing the game since 2.0.7, but barely at all compared to 2.1.14; and also even though I made a map myself, but never released it somewhat) maybe you could do a custom map?] You DON'T have to do more maps if you don't want to, but (excluding yourself) anyone has a decision. Thx.

Thanks for the feedback!. Yes. I have done some work on Thunder Citadel and Noxious Factory. Honestly i really like my version of TCZ and i will post some screenshots eventually. I have added only 2 of my own maps and one CTF map into a match map and i dont plan to add anymore maps otherwise it will be crowded with maps.

Work on these are pretty slow at the moment and i will put up some screenshots later.

Additional maps

Small showcase of the new maps i have made in this map pack.

Boring Blue: A simple square map, has a good balance of height and speed with fast paced action.

srb20242.png

srb20243.png

Rock Plains: Very small and sloped map. Extremely fast paced action. All vanilla characters can get to all platforms and great heights with little effort.

srb20244.png

srb20245.png

Still all a work in progress

Rock Plains: Very small and sloped map. Extremely fast paced action. All vanilla characters can get to all platforms and great heights with little effort.

srb20244.png

srb20245.png

Looks really neat. Can't wait to see what you have planned next.

I'm going to be honest, what's up with the green grassish texture? I know that it is grass but I can't really tell.

I'm going to be honest, what's up with the green grassish texture? I know that it is grass but I can't really tell.

Well when i first made this map i really didnt have a plan on the actual map or what it would actually look like, so... i kinda put some textures that resembled a "desert" setting. But this is by far from a desert map and no rocks to be seen. I might change the textures so it suits its name better.

Verbal updates

Boring blue zone is going under some small fixes since i found some weird visual qurks in OpenGL.

Rock plains zone's 'Green' looking grass only looks green in software, in OpenGL it looks like dried grass which works perfectly

Thunder Citadel

Sorry if the images are too dark

srb20246.png

No spring, Only platforming

srb20247.png

Nothing too new near the bomb panel location

srb20249.png

SECRET Room

srb20250.png

Nothing to special here

I must climb this mountain range; looking downward from this deadly height

Should probably make two versions, one with the secret room and one without. Seems like it could be kinda broken :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back