Post your pics/art here!

Lat' said:
Well, I finally have my excuse for drawing bullshit, I guess. Was the thing I now shamelessly use as avatar that bad, for a mouse?...But don't worry too much about that, the worse has yet to come.

By the way, nice work Steelie, as always. I never played Borderlands however, I'm sticked to TF2 and the Engie too hard.

Try pixel art or something, if you're going to do computer art you might as well put effort into it. Citation needed.

Or an art tablet to save on paper. There are more decent brands than Wacom to choose from, if the price point is an issue. Huion tablets ($45 range.) have twice the sensitivity levels to boot, I do believe.

Sasuke, that is awesome.

Thanks lol, I figured out a way to make it into an actual gif
one_punch_man_saitama_vs_garou_animation_wip_by_icycoldlava-d8sd86g.gif

Last edited:
recently made this to celebrate the misadventures of tron bonne getting released on US PSN (Pixel Shaders were lost before making this due to graphics card burn out.)
the_misadventures_return__by_glaber-d8shq1a.png

Made this one because I felt there wasn't enough 3d power ranger stuff
a_need_for_megazord_power_by_glaber-d8dpjha.jpg

and this one, was testing out my port of E-102 Gamma
target_aquired_by_glaber-d8jxqbc.jpg

Last edited:
Using a mouse or not with art makes barely any difference. I know a lot of friends that use mouse to do their art, and it comes out fantastic. I also use mouse, though my art isn't exactly the greatest. It doesn't make much of a difference in how smooth you can do lineart, nonetheless. Though I DO wish I had a tablet. ¬¬;;; THAT WORKED anyway.

Still, pic/art thread. Boop.
the_real_power_of_the_chaos_emeralds____by_therealburningfox-d4rs7g5.jpg

Don't recall if I showed this here at any point or not. But either way it's a GMod image I did. Me thought it was cool at the time. I still sort of think so. 8D

wl8xp3.jpg

Doodle of the design that I think could be good for the physical appearance of the Sith Emperor in the future of SWTOR.

@steelie
Cool pic. Shouldn't the Emperor be a sith pureblood though? Seeing as to how it is the true sith empire that was built on korriban from sith and dark jedi.

Do you plan on colouring it?

He is, I just don't colour stuff I scratch up in my notebooks. It's not that great either, I'm still trying to learn how to properly draw humans or humanoids.

qBU0pwK.png

Something I rushed together. Imgur shot the colors in the foot, but what can you do sometimes?
EDIT: Nevermind, my settings on my home computer just made it look weird.

Last edited:
While you have a quite cute art style, I really need to tell you that the whole thing feels a bit too blurry, making the artwork a bit harder to appreciate. I strongly recommend you try making a much more refined outlining for your art, it would certainly help out a lot.

Judging by chi.miru's deviantART, there's great sketching and defined lines going on. I guess this is your first attempt at digital art? Learning to make clean lines digitally is a pain in the butt, I went through that phase twice. Once with the mouse, (Vectoring everything is slow as balls.) then with the tablet. The tablet was easy to pick up on, though learning just how bad GIMP's brush engine is threw me for a loop at first.

Aaaaand so I'm contributing to the thread, here's a wonky two-hour sketch I did from a sugar high, and a bad idea. I present to you, Lilacu:

lilac___hatsune_miku_cosplay_by_mr_glaceon-d8slzny.png

(Look for the hidden reference.)

Also, MotorRoach, based on your critiques of my previous posts, it finally helped me build up the nerve to drop those crappy triangles/kites I used to draw characters with. Three weeks of learning a way later, this is how far I've gotten along.

From when I was still using triangles, but starting to building body bases on top of them:

kiki_wip_1_by_mr_glaceon-d8t1x6c.png

Totally ditched triangles. Now I'm only using only skeletons, painted body base silhouettes, and some directional lines:

aoi_swimming_wip_1_by_mr_glaceon-d8slzkb.png
aoi_swimming_wip_1_2_by_mr_glaceon-d8t1xjy.png

I'm redrawing one of her legs and arms, although is this a step in the right direction for better anatomy? Because I'm finding more challenging poses less difficult to pull off now, or requiring less partial redraws.

Roach is a better critic than I am, but I'm seeing improvement already. Keep at it.

Personally, I use a mixture of skeletal lines and basic geometric shapes for my base, but I'm still learning. Your current method looks pretty effective.

There's certainly a lot of evident improvement in here, which I'm glad to see. It might just be me, but the girl's legs in the last picture do seem slightly short, but it's still pretty good.

tumblr_no7x7bNkPx1r51rb0o1_500.png

Felt like sketching prototype Sonic.

Thanks, guys. =P And yeah, I'm redrawing that leg next time I touch the canvas, (Might have another crazy character fusion drawn soon.) it looks all wrong. Nice sketch, by the way, it's always fun making quick doodles like that.

I'm still learning a lot too, BlueWarrior, and I've been at it for three years with digital art; half of that time with a tablet. I probably could've done a lot more in that time if I had moved on to this method sooner, too, because the old way really held me back.

I've seen a lot of digital painters do things this way, sometimes only painting the silhouette base itself and going from there. (Likely their years of experience talking.) MotorRoach helped push me to finally learn and try it. This wasn't easy, and I gave Hatsune Miku dude-sized shoulders by accident twice, but I eventually got it; I really should learn to push myself outside of my comfort zone more often.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back