Post your pics/art here!

@Pixel-Voxel: Your needlemouse sprite is nice, but the shading on it is very... inconsistent, and the highlight in his head feels just misplaced.

You see, the sprite's light source implies to be coming from the top right, so it would be more natural if the highlight was placed somewhere more on the top or around the forehead. Still on the shading, his hand, body and shoes need to get a fix in their shading as well, to stay consistent to where the light is coming from. Since Needlemouse is a very simple design, this is not something hard to think over. Think of it like how you would shade a sphere, or any other basic shape with depth.

56994_Shaded-Sphere_620.jpg

I also recommend you apply more contrast to the colors of your sprite. Right now, there isn't much difference between the shaded and bright colors in the sprite, so you might want to make the shading on it darker. One thing I also noted is that your sprite is quite... outline-y, so I recommend you try to break the outline on it a little, it would give more of an anti-aliased impression to it, even with just few colors.

8jyIjez.jpg

Remaking the Meteoric Burst scene based on the pose from the original One Punch Man webcomic

and then more sketches of Sonic vs Cyclops dude (Meteoric Burst, but I might call it Chaotic Burst since it's supposed to be the Sonic equivalent lol)

iNU3OeK.jpg

cl2nxz9.jpg

nKkWqBj.jpg

BHbbCbK.jpg

"Using my latent energy as a booster"
UP6wdmb.jpg

"to bring out speed and power beyond the limit of living beings"
n6YMNsv.jpg

spoilers, Sonic's gonna end up on the moon

Last edited:
Something SRB2 related. A picture of Jasper the Fox.
This is a commission done for Jasper.

Beware of the nose.

com__jasper_by_sevencolorsalice-d7m4n3x.png

Repent for your nose-doing! Repent!

Not really, I let her draw a nose on him if she couldn't justify giving him a lack of nose. Jasper himself looks really awesome in that picture and I'm really glad I commissioned it!

SphereTankModelSmooth.png

So, I just finished my first model I made in a long time. It's based on the drawing I posted earlier of the Sphere Tank, I think it turned out pretty well :v

So Rafa Knight did this for the comics

1363043_ful.jpg

I thouht the concept was cute but the execution was really, really lacking. His proportions and pose are just horrendously stiff. I decided to draw how Werehog would look in the Adventure pose with its personality, Werehog's aittitude, and faithful angles/zaniness seen in the original boxart.

ruGah8e.png

Nice recreation, although I can't really blame them for making the SA pose somewhat stiff, because I never understood how the hell it worked to begin with. How did he not break his neck on that?

First off, seeing the Werehog pull that pose is amusing. I'd like to imagine at some point Sonic got really bored (probably because of Unleashed SD's terrible levels) and wanted to know if he could still do the pose. Chip took the picture.

I pulled up the original image and this is nearly a perfect recreation. Some lines could use some work (mainly the cleats and ears), but overall it's very accurate and much better than whatever they did when they made that comic cover...

Nice recreation, although I can't really blame them for making the SA pose somewhat stiff, because I never understood how the hell it worked to begin with. How did he not break his neck on that?

The point of the original pose was suppose to be "so stupid its amazing." With stuff like that you gotta go all or nothing; it can't be slightly silly or slightly proportionally accurate or else it doesn't work. Though some parts of the original drawing fall short, like it's as if Sonic has 2 quills on his side and the second one is FRIGGIN HUGE.

I actually did a trace of the Adventure and Archie covers to compare the proportions, angles and shapes of the two, to give a better idea of what's going on really. Results are pretty interestin.

M4T7ytK.png

also thanks for the compliments Roach and PV c:

So, I'm currently attending this college summer art program where I get taught by professional animators how to, well... animate.

I got to try my hands on professional animation and drawing tools. It is super fun. ;v;

Anyways, one of our projects was to make this animation thing in a week. We're working in groups and stuff. I managed to get my stuff done early and stuff. So, I got bored and decided to draw some 5~10 minute sketches using the art institute's stuff.

2014-06-26%2015.56.26.jpg

2014-06-26%2015.56.43.jpg

2014-06-26%2015.57.26.jpg

2014-06-26%2015.55.28.jpg
2014-06-26%2015.57.05.jpg

EDIT: Sorry about the shitty quality. The director did not allow us to have access to the internet in fear of one of us losers hacking into the college's database or something. Instead, I just took a picture of the giant ass drawing tablet that I was using with my phone.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back