What you are most looking forward to in SRB2 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seelkadoom

Fear my(Sonic)Spice Powers!
I think these news have given us enough hints about 2.1 to start this thread. It's very simple, just reply it saying what you most want to see in the so-waited SRB2 2.1, based in the hints given to us. I only want to see the new Single-Player gameplay (including new levels, new enemies and possibly new items). LUA scripting, Multiplayer gameplay and features such as the new unlockable system are not as good as Single-Player playing, because that's the main point of SRB2: it's story.

Ah, and if you don't know the hints given, check this page of SRB2 Wiki.

-> Edit - 7/29/13
->Actually, this thread was intended to be a poll, where all hints given would be set as options, but, as i couldn't start the poll... Let's just hear what people prefer about the SRB2 2.1.

Last edited:
A spectator option in race. I will literally go to Mystic and give him a BIG hug (Not really) if he puts that in 2.1. But this is not a suggestions page... So ya. I want to see the crazy things Lua has to offer. :D

Also, a topic like this was made not too long ago... http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=37773

Last edited:
jERP7k1.png

A man can dream...

Being able to mix abilities together, having a console command to have the flashing color effect the star gives in Mario Koopa blast and have other characters able to transform into super form during single player without using Super Mystic Sonic.
Example:
Say I want to have a character to fly, but also to swim underwater. The thing is, with swimming, you can swim forever, but flying underwater doesn't last forever.
Also, one last thing.
Having a new option to put in the cfg of a wad whether the wad was for an old version or if it was for current version so that the game could somehow load the old palette only onto that wad or something...

I'd like to see some new cutscenes in the beginning, and that's if they plan on adding more detail to the story.
I doubt that. At this point the intro cutscene is more of a joke/reference than anything. Not meant to be taken seriously.

Being able to mix abilities together
[...]
Example:
Say I want to have a character to fly, but also to swim underwater. The thing is, with swimming, you can swim forever, but flying underwater doesn't last forever.
Sounds like something you'll be able to do with Lua.

having a console command to have the flashing color effect the star gives in Mario Koopa blast
This too, possibly.

and have other characters able to transform into super form during single player without using Super Mystic Sonic.
Now that's something I can unequivocally state will never happen. It's an intentional part of the game's design that won't change.

Having a new option to put in the cfg of a wad whether the wad was for an old version or if it was for current version so that the game could somehow load the old palette only onto that wad or something...
I'm not sure why you can't just convert the images (it's like a ten-second job in SLADE), but if you really want to retain the old palette, you could import it into the WAD and use the "Palette" level header parameter on every map.

I doubt that. At this point the intro cutscene is more of a joke/reference than anything. Not meant to be taken seriously.
That's ok, it's not as if the most of the members here were focused on changes to this anyway also I've hardly seen posts or threads that are related to my post.

If you mean what I'm looking forward the most, then it's, by far, skyboxes. They already exist in CB, sure, but only the people that will launch your wad in said executable would see them, which restricts you. (you can't submit levels with skyboxes for OLDC, for example, all of the levels have to be vanilla-compatible, if I've gotten it right) And, of course, there's also lua, which I don't know much about, but based on what's been said about it, it's gonna be a really powerful tool.

Next comes the revamped single-player lineup, which I don't think I need to comment on. And then also come various bugfixes and tweaks. (you can't thok through thin walls anymore, for example)

Now that's something I can unequivocally state will never happen. It's an intentional part of the game's design that won't change.

Oh, I dunno, I think that with Lua and the right know-how, someone could break that barrier and enable super transformations without SMS.

Also I really want to see THZ properly. The new one looks absolutely spectacular.

the Super barrier is already broken thanks to Furious Fox's Super Monitor. With LUA, I suspect it will be blown to bits

Since the "new" cutscene thing is no longer what I would like to see in 2.1, then I would have to say better textures for the THZ red button.

Oh, I dunno, I think that with Lua and the right know-how, someone could break that barrier and enable super transformations without SMS.
Yeah, you can probably get around it with Lua. But it will never be an official part of the game.

Since the "new" cutscene thing is no longer what I would like to see in 2.1, then I would have to say better textures for the THZ red button.
Do I need to post that screenshot again? ;)

The thing I want to see most would have to be community content. I just took a look at the editing forums and I cringed at the lack of activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back