New MB themes created!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonict

EDIT: "Sky" has been redone. Check it out. New "Lightning" theme is canned atm. Hopefully, I can finish it up later.

EDIT 2: "Morning" has been brightened up and is now fixed.

Before I continue to explain what this is about, I would like to thank Dark Warrior for creating the themes on a test board and myself for testing out the themes and applying them here once I verified that the themes were bug free.

Now then, There has been four new themes from Dark Warrior.

Here is what they are:

1) "Grass" <-- A theme that has lots of green like the "Ocean" theme
2) "Lightning" <-- A theme that has lots of yellow colours
3) "Morning" <-- A theme where the main colours are pink.
4) "Sky" <-- A theme that uses teal. (Now using light blue)

I hope you guys enjoy them.

Sonict

Eh. May as well call them green, purple, yellow, and teal, I think. =P

I'll stick with Silver, personally. It'd be nice if we had some new templates other than subSilver, but what with the issue of mods being more difficult to keep track of, I could see why not.

...Wait a minute. On second thought, WHAT mods? :\

Meh, I've never deviated from the standard "blue" theme. I guess I need to give some of these new ones a try.

My main theme is "Ocean" as well, Jazz. The other themes are pretty good too. I know Digiku will be happy now. He wanted a "Grass" theme.

Sonict

<3 <3 <3

The grass is... good. I think it clashes with the silver, a little. I'd use it if it was fine-tuned, though.

Lightning is just.... I can't find the new posts. They're camouflaged. And also, SMS would be proud, >_>

I don't like morning, but that's probably just me.

Same for Sky. However, I think of sky as more light-blue and fluffy white clouds than teal.

on Edge said:
The grass is... good. I think it clashes with the silver, a little. I'd use it if it was fine-tuned, though.

Agreed.

I think I'll use this new "Grass" theme for awhile. I think its about time I switched from the default "Ocean" theme.

Evening feels too close to the standard blue.

Anywho, I've seriously gotten used to the void theme. I'll be sticking with that for a while.

I've been using both Void and Magma... However I might use sky...

My only gripes are the images at the top don't support any light colors. Otherwise, I like it, it matches my SRB2:DB theme quite nicely! ;-P

What about separate icons (ie post, new post pics) for every theme, or is it not possible with this sort of message board? I'm getting tired of seeing the little papers everywhere, all the time.

They all look pretty ugly, IMO. The sky is apparently green and lightening is puke yellow. DW STILL can't make themes. I'll stick to void, I think. :P

They look good, but the shading makes certain arenas look sick. I'll be sticking with Ocean(Magma) still.
EDIT: I am now happy with Ocean(Grass). Yay.

I only liked the Grass and Lightning Themes. The others seemed too plain & ugly like Shuffle said. I'll stick to these two themes for now.

BlueZero4 said:
Evening feels too close to the standard blue.

Really? I like it. A lot. I haven't stopped using it since Shadow Hog ported it over here. (I also made it too, so I guess that would make sense that I like it. >_>)

JEV3 said:
What about separate icons (ie post, new post pics) for every theme, or is it not possible with this sort of message board? I'm getting tired of seeing the little papers everywhere, all the time.

That's possible, but the boards would need new templates & whatnot for that to work. I'm pretty sure Mystic wouldn't do that. :P

supersonic45 said:
They look good, but the shading makes certain arenas look sick. I'll be sticking with Ocean(Magma) still.
EDIT: I am now happy with Ocean(Grass). Yay.

Specific areas, and I'll see what I can do. (Also, in hex please.)

Shuffle said:
They all look pretty ugly, IMO. The sky is apparently green and lightening is puke yellow. DW STILL can't make themes. I'll stick to void, I think. :P

BRIGHT NEON GREEN THAT BURNED!

Also, I'm not too happy with how Sky and Lightning turned out myself. But I can't find any way to fix those without making the colors glaringly bright.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/Forendacil/DB_Sky-theme01.png

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/Forendacil/DB_Sky-theme02.png

I use a sky theme for DB that isn't as dark as the default and is somewhat easy on the eyes. I've posted links above if you want to look at it.

Oh, and you know nothing about the level pictured right? Nothing! (future contest entry ;-P )

EDIT: If you do ever choose to make new icons and stuff, I'd be willing to help. Most of the sprites I could show off here are top secret, unfinished, or not wholly mine. I've done some icons for an IPB board elsewheres, (well I did leave a few loose ends though)

JEV3: You call that easy on the eyes? You have a grayish-cyan as the background, and a horrifically acidic bright green for the vertex colors. Aaaah! It burns!!

Also, there are no such themes as "Ocean (Magma)" and "Ocean (Forest)". You might want to, you know, actually check the list of themes again.

Having said that, I'm still on Silver now, simply because the others are a bit too dark for my tastes.

Edit: Just tried out Lighting. Far too olive-colored. It needs to be a yellow with a slight orangish tint to it. Like, say, #F0C00F.

Then go ahead and fix it on the test forum FoxBlitzz. The phpbb2 one. I'll give you the link and make you an admin so you can try it out.

Sonict

Its the only way I can see the vertices... And it works for me anyways...

Lightning could probably have some black interspersed with it though... Lightning is usually against a dark sky anyways, its all about contrast.

Buuut.. contrast doesn't really work for boards does it? 9_9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back