Sonic Robo Blast on console

Is there a way to port the first Sonic Robo Blast to the console? And if so how many consoles can it be ported to? And can you name them please?

The only console SRB2 (alongside sister project SRB2Kart) is currently playable on is Nintendo Switch, which you can find the downloads of... somewhere in Releases, I think. It's previously been available in stripped down releases on Dreamcast, OG Xbox, and Wii, but those were based on old versions of the base game.

The game can be ported to any recent, unlocked or cracked platform with enough time and effort. It's just not something where there's an intersection between "people who care about it" and "people who know how to do it" - so it doesn't really end up happening.

And I guess if you meant the original Sonic Robo Blast, the answer is none, because the source code has been lost to time and its not even remotely fun to play in order to reverse-engineer.

Last edited:
The only console SRB2 (alongside sister project SRB2Kart) is currently playable on is Nintendo Switch, which you can find the downloads of... somewhere in Releases, I think. It's previously been available in stripped down releases on Dreamcast, OG Xbox, and Wii, but those were based on old versions of the base game.

The game can be ported to any recent, unlocked or cracked platform with enough time and effort. It's just not something where there's an intersection between "people who care about it" and "people who know how to do it" - so it doesn't really end up happening.

I said the first Sonic Robo Blast, Not Sonic Robo Blast 2.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

And I guess if you meant the original Sonic Robo Blast, the answer is none, because the source code has been lost to time and its not even remotely fun to play in order to reverse-engineer.

Even if it’s possible to port it to the Xbox 360?

It's not. The first SRB2 was a klik-n,-play game, whose engine is designed entirely by an ancient version from over 20 years ago and the source would be ridiculously hard to port over, even if we had it. The original game isn't gonna be available on a non-pc platform.

It's not. The first SRB2 was a klik-n,-play game, whose engine is designed entirely by an ancient version from over 20 years ago and the source would be ridiculously hard to port over, even if we had it. The original game isn't gonna be available on a non-pc platform.

Are you sure it’s not possible?

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

If the source code wasn’t lost would it be under “.gam”?

I don't know enough about The Games Factory or Klik & Play to know if the .gam file included with SRB1's download *is* the "source code", but I've heard from some people that the file might be it.

Now, the reality is that if you want to port SRB1 to a console of any sort, you're most likely going to have to do it yourself. There is no official interest in making a console port of Sonic Robo Blast, as the game is old and rather buggy (and bad). Plus the fact we're still working on its sequel as we speak. =P

(Plus, you can't just port to "the console", the many video game consoles that exist no doubt vary quite drastically from each other. And certainly you can't port a game to one console the same way as another, etc. Many consoles by now are also rather dated and no longer relevant except to the small audiences who still have them.)

Last edited:
I don't know enough about The Games Factory or Klik & Play to know if the .gam file included with SRB1's download *is* the "source code", but I've heard from some people that the file might be it.

Now, the reality is that if you want to port SRB1 to a console of any sort, you're most likely going to have to do it yourself. There is no official interest in making a console port of Sonic Robo Blast, as the game is old and rather buggy (and bad). Plus the fact we're still working on its sequel as we speak. =P

(Plus, you can't just port to "the console", the many video game consoles that exist no doubt vary quite drastically from each other. And certainly you can't port a game to one console the same way as another, etc. Many consoles by now are also rather dated and no longer relevant except to the small audiences who still have them.)

Ok I’ll find a way to port it myself

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

But if anyone is interested in porting the game to the console,(even if there’s no official interest) go right on ahead.

I recently confirmed for myself that srb13f.gam is the kind of "source" for the game, with all the individual scenes of the game and events in them... so no it is not lost. You just need to download the old version of The Games Factory in order to check it out for yourself: https://www.clickteam.com/download-centre/retired-products (you have to use the unregistered version if you want to use it free, but you can't save with it and I think it has a trial period)

I suspect people thought the source was lost because they didn't know what that .gam file did, probably.

Last edited:
I recently confirmed for myself that srb13f.gam is the kind of "source" for the game, with all the individual scenes of the game and events in them... so no it is not lost. You just need to download the old version of The Games Factory in order to check it out for yourself: https://www.clickteam.com/download-centre/retired-products (you have to use the unregistered version if you want to use it free, but you can't save with it and I think it has a trial period)

I suspect people thought the source was lost because they didn't know what that .gam file did, probably.

I’m glad you confirmed with yourself that the source code is srb13f.gam and that it isn’t lost.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back