• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Playable Sonic by r543

Status
Not open for further replies.

r543

Ok, i started working on it and here is a sprite:
sonictest1.png

What should i change ?

Honestly that looks pretty realistic nice detail and everything i think you should keep the sprite as it is.

Looks fantastic but when I zoom in I can see transparent pixels around his neck & quills. It makes him look fluffy.Other than that, you have great pixel work. Awesome shading. Keep it up!!!

I think you're all crazy and that the shading needs a lot of work. Sonic is not a pillow. His eyes and muzzle also need to be rounded. Additionally, his torso shouldn't be overlapping his muzzle; it's the other way around... unless you put Sonic's face behind his body o_o'

Here's an example where left is the original, and right is touched up:
something.png

(Here's 1x size if you need/want it.)

My shading isn't the best either, but I think it looks better than pillow shading, honestly. (And I rounded some stuff out a bit, of course)

Looks alot like Sonic from his recent 3D games. I like it but use the touch up that sonicfreak94 made. It won't look ugly.

I think you're all crazy and that the shading needs a lot of work. Sonic is not a pillow. His eyes and muzzle also need to be rounded. Additionally, his torso shouldn't be overlapping his muzzle; it's the other way around... unless you put Sonic's face behind his body o_o'

something.png

(Here's 1x size if you need/want it.)it.

My shading isn't the best either, but I think it looks better than pillow shading, honestly. (And I rounded some stuff out a bit, of course)

Sonicfreak knows his shit, son. I definitely think the one on the right is better.
Otherwise, neat job! This style of sonic is usually only ever done in 3D-model form. Good to see someone making some decent sprites out of it.

This is awesome, looks like the modern sonic in STH360.
Actually it looks more like a Sonic Unleashed/Colors/Generations idle stance. In those games, Sonic's feet were perfectly straight and facing straight towards the player (like in the sprite above) while in Sonic 06, one foot is farther away from the other foot and they are facing diagonal from the player (if you were facing Sonic). Sorta like this:
76714901.png

Last edited:
This sprite look's pretty nice it look's kinda similar to sprites I made. I know my sprite needs more shading. I drew my sprite's awhile back.

idk.png

Here's are some of my sprites
normal_SONIC.png

It's not really as good as I thought, but it look's alright, it was in the beta stage's at the time.

But honestly use SonicFreak94 edit looks more modern.

Last edited:
I'm finally back and was surprised with all the feedback I got from this.
Honestly that looks pretty realistic nice detail and everything i think you should keep the sprite as it is.

My thoughts exactly. I think it looks epic, keep it the same.

Wow, Keep it like it is! I can't wait for this.

Thanks for your feedback.

Looks fantastic but when I zoom in I can see transparent pixels around his neck & quills. It makes him look fluffy.Other than that, you have great pixel work. Awesome shading. Keep it up!!!
What do you mean with "fluffy" ? I think it will look good in game.

something.png

(Here's 1x size if you need/want it.)

Hi, I know you from Blitz Sonic.(Not sure if you know me because I didn't do many videos but I have almost every stage or character).
I never did 3d shading, so I don't know how to make it look good.(I can sprite and shade in 2d, but I never worked with 3d sprites).
I used the original sonic sprite, which has a white dot in the middle of the head, as a base sprite for this. I think that the outline needs to be dark like that. I already edited the eyes and muzzle a bit, not sure if they look better now. A early version of this sprite had the top eye pixels green, but I thought that it looked too bright.
I don't know on what to do with the shading on the side sprites.

Looks alot like Sonic from his recent 3D games. I like it but use the touch up that sonicfreak94 made. It won't look ugly.
Sonicfreak knows his shit, son. I definitely think the one on the right is better.
Otherwise, neat job! This style of sonic is usually only ever done in 3D-model form. Good to see someone making some decent sprites out of it.
This is awesome, looks like the modern sonic in STH360.
Actually it looks more like a Sonic Unleashed/Colors/Generations idle stance. In those games, Sonic's feet were perfectly straight and facing straight towards the player (like in the sprite above) while in Sonic 06, one foot is farther away from the other foot and they are facing diagonal from the player (if you were facing Sonic). Sorta like this:
76714901.png
It looks like the modern one because it's based off the su wiips2 model. Twilighzoney ripped the model with a special converter(someone started to work on a converter, but that one is cancelled now), so most of the rig was working. The only problem was the hands. The SU WII model has like 5 different hands for every action. The converter didn't create model groups, so all of the hands were on one part. It took some time to fix up the hands of the model, but now it's useable. I created animations with that model, so I can have easy 45 degree frames, and recolored the texture with srb2 colors(that didn't work well, so I'm reshading and coloring the complete sprite again).

This sprite look's pretty nice it look's kinda similar to sprites I made. I know my sprite needs more shading. I drew my sprite's awhile back.

idk.png

Here's are some of my sprites
normal_SONIC.png

It's not really as good as I thought, but it look's alright, it was in the beta stage's at the time.

But honestly use SonicFreak94 edit looks more modern.
I like your sprites, makes me think of one low poly sonic model that had the same colors like this one.

I cannot wait until this wad is completed, this captures the "Modern Sonic" feel more than Sonicre.wad and Sonicce.wad, Both of which are outdated of course.

Updates !
I didn't work on srb2 for a long time, that's why there wasn't a update for this. I've read the posts and tried to make the sprite look better.(I didn't want to create pillowshading, but srb2 uses parts of that on the sprites too.)
The palette got changed a bit because I didn't like the light blue, but I changed it back now so you can see the shading a bit better:
i4tH5ba.png

Here are the new updated Idle sprites. Tell me what you think about them.

Some areas of the sprites look pillow shaded. Also, you should have asked sonicfreak94 if you were allowed to use his touched up sprite, and then base the rest of the frames from that.

Some areas of the sprites look pillow shaded. Also, you should have asked sonicfreak94 if you were allowed to use his touched up sprite, and then base the rest of the frames from that.
I have no idea on how to create that "light effect" on the 45 and 90 degree frames. I've changed the coloring a lot and it isn't pillowshading anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back