• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SeventhSentinel's Ultra Radical Stuff (TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeventhSentinel

In charge of way less than you might think
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Since I've injected myself back into the community, I've been faffing about and making ULTRA RADICAL STUFF (TM).

Rather than trying to explain it all, I've taken some lovely little screenshots you can look at with your eyes. Behold!

7L2nnZH.gif

Holographic Sonic, which took surprisingly less time to make than I thought it would.

AcIxuFR.png

Sunset Isle is getting a skybox, slopes, a new name, and new music(?) for 2.2.

jUGilEH.png

53UHKNM.png

Welcome to Skyline Sprint Zone! This map will feature ramps for launching you into the air, highways in disrepair, and using slopes to cleverly make your way across the city rooftops. It will be fast-paced and difficult, so stay on your toes! The music will certainly help with that.
(There are also sweet new textures because DCZFLR14 is not radical enough)

jzQmviQ.png

bdB8pbW.png

Rounding up this collection of maps is Fusion Factory Zone, an even more difficult map featuring non-instakill acid, purple water, and intense platforming. Will you survive Eggman's badnik manufacturing plant? Or will you close the game out of pure rage?

• Do not ask me for the maps
  • Do not ask if you can playtest

• Do offer suggestions and ideas for these maps or other things you think I could make
  • Do use common sense
  • Do have an ULTRA RADICAL (TM) time

Last edited:
That Sunset Isle revamp looks pretty crunk. Holographic Sonic is dope. Fusion Factory is all that and a bag of chips

This is some ultra radical stuff here so far. Honestly can't wait to play these!

All of these look pretty awesome, though I find it jarring that Sunset Isle's skybox has all the water tinted orange where the actual stage uses a dark blue. Will this be changed so that it fits the new skybox later on, or is it intended to be separate so the player won't get confused?

All of these look pretty awesome, though I find it jarring that Sunset Isle's skybox has all the water tinted orange where the actual stage uses a dark blue. Will this be changed so that it fits the new skybox later on, or is it intended to be separate so the player won't get confused?
The letter is true. I'm debating changing the water to a subtle orange tint as well however, as the dark green it has now doesn't really fit the tone of SRB2 (meaning the in-level water may well end up resembling the color of the skybox's water).

The buildings in this screenshot with slanted tops look really bad. Those textures really aren't designed to cut off that way. You might consider removing the windows from the wall textures and placing them as midtextures set 1fu in front of the walls, so that you can offset them to prevent rendering any where they'd get cut off. (If you use Effect 5 and a vertical offset without specifying a repeat count, it'll only repeat the textures until the bottom - or top, if you have Lower Unpegged - of the sector, without going the other way.. That should be handy for setting up midtextures like those.) Also, I know everyone likes to do it, but those super-jagged edges on the highway are completely unnatural. Asphalt doesn't splinter; it breaks apart in chunks. Try a more rounded cutoff.

Also, a bit more variety in your roof designs could work wonders. Aside from that it looks pretty cool, though! Especially the first screenshot.

Thanks, I'll start implementing your suggestions next time I work on the map. That image is really helpful.
Also, I've decided to make better textures for this. The first one I made is on this grey building.
OffpsE4.png

Last edited:
Another Fusion Factory shot. Might put some rings here.
LpxiDEW.png

Man, these levels are shaping up quite nicely so far Sentinel, really looking forward to that city and sunset island level.

Although the factory level needs a bit more love. Right now it seems like it is all full bright inside the factory, making the lights feel rather pointless. I would recommend darkening the inside a tad bit. As it would not only help the lights actually stand out, but also help the room in the last screenshot on the first post. The room is really plain and empty looking with the room being all one light level for the most part, it looks rather silly having that HUGE light on the roof without showing the fading of the light around it.

Also, it might be worth investing some time into a custom metal texture set for the level, as the THZ textures don't seem to blend well with the Acid Plant ones. It would also help it stand out among the other factory levels out there, since almost all of them seem to be using THZ2's textures a lot.

Keep up the good work though, looking forward to playing these sometime!

The sunset one has been out for a while, actually. I'm just giving it some updates.

Lighting will not be an issue in Fusion Factory. Light levels vary quite a lot indoors.
As for the room in question, It's much prettier now. Currently working on making the lighting less ridiculous.
lJ5Xdet.jpg

I'm not very good at making my own textures, but if you've got any suggestions for specific ones, I'd love to hear them! I do have a couple custom ones in here, though:
afCDwdd.png

Plus a few more that are less interesting. The walls here are made from a combination of several classic Sonic stages.

Getting zappy! These lightning bolts help signify that this floor is electrified. They activate randomly and play a sound effect.
EllipticalSilentFrilledlizard.gif

Last edited:
Reminds me the Sonic 3 Death Egg. Keep up with this, this is looking great, both visually and gameplay-wise.

Testing out A_Chase, which works how you'd expect if you give its object a negative speed. I have created the Mooncrawla.
WillingTenderGrosbeak.gif

You're on a roll dude, keep it up. Great effect on the electric floor, everyone should be using that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back