What do you like/dislike in SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the music of the levels, the playability and the structure of the game menus.

I don't like (in this case I hate) all the sprites of the game, the textures of the levels which are very similar to old Sonic games, the bosses, the badnicks and the title screen.

What do I think that would be cool:
Sonic X-treme sprites, new badnicks, a new title screen based on the Sonic CD PC one, and a more dynamic intro.

Post your opinion!

Goodness: Not-so confusing story
Badness: So freaking short

It is supposed to be like the classics.

It used to have Sonic XTreme sprites, but they were changed so Sonic could fit the rest of the sprites made by SSNTails. And by the way, we all know that SRB2 will have way more zones, so shortness is just temporal.

• Good: gameplay, even if it lacks of slopes, it's well done to avoid flow-breaking (the extra dimension helps).
  • Bad: that the engine doesn't allow for proper slopes or loops.

I like: The sprites, all very well done. The music, which is also very well done. Level design, as the main game ones (bar CEZ2) are interesting and varied. Multiplayer, customisability, low required specs, are also what I like.

I dislike the lack of levels in single player, and models not being included with the game right away. Yeah, I like the sprites, but I don't particularly like 2D sprites in a 3D world. I'm avid OGL user.

I like: The gameplay, the music, the Multiplayer games, the levels except CEZ act 2, customisation, programs to make your own projects.

I don't like: Tag, Lack of levels in Single player as Ree-C said, 2D stages, Some crappy stages such as Iron Turret, and Quicksand Ruins, they are so short, and too easy.

Like: Low system requirements, level design, moddability, general happy go lucky feel.

Dislike: Nothing immediately comes to mind, I suppose Knuckles' fugliness, and a lack of totally original concepts.

Better leave it without anything "original", Sega tried that and see how it went... :P BTW, you can't say SRB2 isn't original, I mean, look at the multiplayer modes, how it can be modified, etc. For being a Sonic game, it's all original. No other Sonic game has all that.

I love the texture set. Anyone who says that the textures suck obviously hasn't opened Doom Builder, or even played any addon maps. I also love the sprites, sue me.

If I dislike anything, it's the stuff that the game is being used for. Quite a few of the levels included in the game by default suck, not to mention that there's really a lack of decent addons.

And I'm sure I've said this before, but I really do think that SRB2 is better off without slopes. Really.

I like the fact that you can play with so many people at one time and that if you have an idea of your own, you can make it and let other people try it out. The music and stuff is good too.

Here is two simple ways even a noob could understand.
Good things:Netplay,Mods,Wads,This place.
Bad things:N00bs.

Good: Levels, music, most sprites though some need work, netplayable, customizable.
Bad: Go to hell thok, except it is useful for custom abilities at least, so.... go to hell NORMAL unedited thok that is greater than 50 actionspd. Tails' very odd lack of air control. Knuckles' current sprites and even the new ones only cause they look like crap in blue and orange. I also dislike his nerfed gliding, at least have some other way to fix the bounce glide or something. Like glide, let go, fall in spin animation, but not able to glide again. Lack of intractable objects such as a switch "thing" or something. Laggy netplay. 1.1 should have full remade GFZs and THZs, CEZ I already know is being remade or whatever. More crap that I am unaware of at the moment. Please hang up and try your call again.

DroxSorcerer said:
The Dark Fox said:
Goodnesses: Your Sonic

Badness: CTF, Match, the whole game.

Then why are you even a member of a forum to a game you don't like?
You can be a lurker in this forum.

Plus, my disability makes some things hard (throwing rings + running at the same time), the game has no creativity, splitscreen lacks fun, horrible Character varieties, etc.

GOOD:
1:CTF
2:Tunes 143
3:Match
4:Mystic Realm (Second Quest)
5:Wads

Bad:
1:MKBact1
2:MKBact2
3:MKBact3
4:Sa-City (EDIT)
5:Tunes 30

(No Offence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back