Doomseeker now supports SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalewa

Doomseeker is a multi-platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) server browser for Doom games. It supports Doom ports such as Zandronum, Odamex, Chocolate Doom and Vavoom.

And today SRB2 joins this list.

Doomseeker is a game front-end which includes a server browser, a game launcher, a demo manager and an IRC client. It's main purpose is to quickly list all available servers by contacting the master server and to allow players to join these servers by simply double-clicking. All servers created with Doomseeker should be visible on the official master server. It also has a web crawler designed to look for and automatically downloads mods hosted on servers - although in reality it will require some further support from SRB2 community to do this properly.

How to get Doomseeker with SRB2 support:

Download and extract this file:
http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/doomseeker/doomseeker 1.1~beta-160117-1720.zip

You will get support for all of the aforementioned games. To get them to run, additional configuration is needed. If this is the first time you run Doomseeker you will be prompted to configure and the configuration box will pop up automatically. If not, go to "Options -> Configure" or simply press F5. In this box navigate to "Engines -> Sonic Robo Blast 2" entry and specify path either to srb2win.exe or srb2dd.exe.

For Linux users the game should be detected automatically. If not, point to /usr/games/srb2.

yrvVQEU.png

Correcting auto-updates - this is important or your Doomseeker will downgrade.

Go to options and to "Auto Updates" entry. Select "Beta" auto-update channel.

Ap1vTzO.png

Enabling/disabling games

Plugins for games can be activated/deactivated by clicking on their icons in bottom right corner of the main window.

hxc6xMT.png

Creating games

Servers can be created by opening the "Create Game" box from File menu.

More info: http://doomseeker.drdteam.org
Bug tracker, report problems here: http://zandronum.com/tracker/search.php?project_id=2
Source-code: https://bitbucket.org/Doomseeker/doomseeker
Original request ticket to implement support: http://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=2540

Last edited:
That's cool and all, but it seems...a bit redundant, with our own master server and all. Not only that, but a divided community of deciding where to host seems like it'd make it more difficult to find netgames in the future.

And it will come; Through the darkest day

That's cool and all, but it seems...a bit redundant, with our own master server and all. Not only that, but a divided community of deciding where to host seems like it'd make it more difficult to find netgames in the future.

that's not the point; with this you can get wads needed for the server as long as there's an url provided by the server. we all know how terrible the ingame downloading is.

That's not what Doomseeker does. It's neither a master server nor any kind of repository. It won't divide anything.

Doomseeker is a game front-end which includes a server browser, a game launcher, a demo manager and an IRC client. It's main purpose is to quickly list all available servers by contacting the master server and to allow players to join these servers by simply double-clicking. All servers created with Doomseeker should be visible on the official master server - if that's not the case then it's a bug and needs to be fixed.

It has also a web crawler designed to look for and automatically downloads mods hosted on servers - although in reality it will require some further support from SRB2 community to do this properly.

What the hell, did you really respond to my suggestion :P .
Here : http://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=2540
EDIT : Curious if we can actually get the wads the same way we do for other engines, i mean using the GetWAD (we have to upload our wads to wad hosting sites of course) .
EDIT 2 : This can happen if a guy hosts an SRB2 server using a different game version (reported in tracker ) ;
f5d2rt.png

Actually Doomseeker is way better than ingame server browser, designed specifically to make looking for servers and Wads easier with few clicks, all you have to do is to locate your game's exe file and location for wads and let it do the rest, not only that, you can even upload your wads to external wad uploading sites and let doomseeker look for it and automatically launch the game with the wads loaded .

Last edited:
That's not doomseeker's fault. That's SRB2Kart's fault.

(If you'll notice, the MS page does the same thing. The EXE itself broke something.)

So now SRB2 Kart can be easily identified through its broken structure...? On a serious note, where will we put our large wads for doomseeker, we have to depend on Dropbox, 4shared, and Mediafire to upload our large files, and doomseeker's way of searching might not work with these sites...

Doomseeker will look for wads on sites like doom.dogsoft.net , best-ever.org ... etc ( a list is available in doomseeker options menu ) you have to upload your wads there if you want others to find them using Doomseeker .
EDIT : Okay, looks like he fixed the duplicate servers error, everybody update your doomseekers ;) .

Last edited:
Until the clouds are clear; until it finds my dreams have disappeared

No, you can provide an URL to where the wad is on your server.
Failing that, there'll most likely be a repository of everything in Releases for this exact purpose.

Right i forgot, you can set a link for the page where your wads are, or Direct link for one wad if that's the case for your server .

Oh wow, this is certainly a sweet surprise~

It's awesome to see more and more support from other parts of the Doom community come in (like SLADE adding support for SRB2 Lua syntax highlighting a while back), even if SRB2's netcode is a bit bad.

but a divided community of deciding where to host seems like it'd make it more difficult to find netgames in the future.
No, it'll display the servers that are advertised on the official ms, it won't use an unofficial ms, even when You're about to start a server using it, it'll advertise it on the official MS (if you want to of course) .

Last edited:
Fantastic work! Thank you so much for doing this, and I hope we can look forward to supporting one another in the future.

No, you can provide an URL to where the wad is on your server.
Failing that, there'll most likely be a repository of everything in Releases for this exact purpose.
Will this be public to everyone that has Doomseeker? I'm sorry, I'm not sure how this will work.

Will this be public to everyone that has Doomseeker? I'm sorry, I'm not sure how this will work.

Yea it will, if doomseeker fails to find the wad(s) on the usual Wad uploading sites like best-ever.org and doom.dogsoft.net (means can't find the wad(s) on those sites), It'll ask for players to visit the url that the Host has specified (if he did) to get the required wad(s) .
EDIT: Turns out that this tab (Misc) isn't accessible for SRB2 in Server creation Window for some reason, although it works for other engins :( .

Last edited:
There are things that im not sure I could do in DoomSeeker. How can I enable my opengl? I usually play Srb2 with opengl.

Okay, i uploaded over 20 wads to best-ever wads archive if anyone wants to get them easier using Doomseeker do it this way :
ajx7r7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back