A real Sonic MMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broken link (for me anyway), and a Sonic MMO sounds stupid. What would you DO in it? It'd basically be just SRB2's Coop mode; Single Player with an unnessesarry large amount of players.

Broken link (for me anyway), and a Sonic MMO sounds stupid. What would you DO in it? It'd basically be just SRB2's Coop mode; Single Player with an unnessesarry large amount of players.

quote from the website:

"19 classes, 10 areas, Level up your character, make friends, complete quests,"

Any relation to Sonic Arena? I've played that MMO before - 'twas a bit repetitive and grindy for my tastes, but I guess any ordinary FF fan would've fitted right in. Too bad the site shut down.

Eh, a Sonic MMO isn't entirely impossible to do right, and I wouldn't mind seeing as such. I can definently see why the prospect turns a lot of people off though.

I hope someone spams in that game like they do in Srb2. =3

Not a very bright idea, in my opinion, but atleast people get to hang out with others while blasting at the speed of sound.

I won't download until I see screenies, but anyways......

I think possibly the best way to make a Sonic Related MMO, is for it to revolve around Chao. Just think of the possibilities!

Chao have 3 different "alliances" Hero, Dark, Neutral, which would offer variety among different classes.

Classes can also be handled like normal Chao breeding in SA1/2, increasing different stats can change appearances, which abilities they can learn, etc.

In SA1/2 you see ads for a movie called Chao in Space 1/2. So, an MMO like this can ALSO, take place in space, giving you multiple Chao planets to explore.

In SA2:B there are Chao who drive mechs, which in turn could make traveling around bigger areas quicker.

And who knows? Maybe the Chao have their own little language they speak, offering the possibilities of side-quests.

Who's with me?

The fact that they can't even pull off a decent site says a lot.

Also, they're using a click and play engine (http://mmorpgmaker.org/index.php?title=Screenshots).

Don't expect this to be anything good, enough people complain about Sonic's lack of speed already.

If you want to make a Sonic MMO on a budget, you use Realm Crafter and a lot of tweaking, trust me, I've looked into it. You don't use this piece of garbage. Or you could just code it yourself.

EDIT: Tried it, horrible, might as well not be Sonic characters at all, you wouldn't notice any gameplay difference.

Last edited:
Firstly, shouldn't this be in Video Gaming?

And I'll download this to test it out. If it's everything people say it is, I should stop playing as soon as I get to level 5.

But that Chao idea XAlted posted would be kinda pointless. What can Chao do really? You can do the same sort of thing with Sonic characters, just a bit more humanized.

But I won't waste some space on my Hard Drive for this. I'm putting this on my thumb drive, but at least it's 250MB. It's smaller than some other games I've downloaded.

Edit: It's just about done downloading, so I'll rate it soon.

Edit 2: That was crap, I couldn't even find the beach where you learn things. No map, there was only two people talking crap and when you die, you go to Heaven? You should go to the main city or something, that was stupid. Even the simplest enemies folgged me in one go. Mecha Sonic somehow gave you credits. People usually said "Come back at Lvl #" and there were too many official characters. Hell, the sprites weren't that good. If you want to make a good game, they should at least use a good template for C++ or something.
*sigh*
This was a complete waste of a download.

Edit 3: Well, not really. It's a good engine with a good community. The regulars are pretty nice. It's embarrassing saying that you're level 7 though. =(
The moves and lag get on your nerves, but it has a good enough storyline and good enough learning curve to keep you playing for a while.

Last edited:
I agree with XAlted, though my opinion in this matter would be bias. Simply because i am a big fan of the chao series, but for them to get it right, they'd have to change some of the elements; Like the chao being able to die, or add more animals they can merge to, etc.

Last edited:
Torgo pretty much summed up my opinion why I won't download it, and that it'd probably take too much space. Really, the website is like, n00bish, I mean, just a picture of Sonic and GHZ music O_o'.

I won't download until I see screenies, but anyways......

I think possibly the best way to make a Sonic Related MMO, is for it to revolve around Chao. Just think of the possibilities!

Chao have 3 different "alliances" Hero, Dark, Neutral, which would offer variety among different classes.

Classes can also be handled like normal Chao breeding in SA1/2, increasing different stats can change appearances, which abilities they can learn, etc.

In SA1/2 you see ads for a movie called Chao in Space 1/2. So, an MMO like this can ALSO, take place in space, giving you multiple Chao planets to explore.

In SA2:B there are Chao who drive mechs, which in turn could make traveling around bigger areas quicker.

And who knows? Maybe the Chao have their own little language they speak, offering the possibilities of side-quests.

Who's with me?
Wow that sounds like the best idea to revive chaos everywhere. Why doesn't sega listen to the good fans like you?

Guys, I downloaded it.

It is terrible. Its a game where you play as recolored Sonic sprites. I tried it out, it was frustrating to play. One side of grass lets you in, and the other side doesn't? What? :(

Edit: And the huge file size isn't fun either.

Guys, I downloaded it.

It is terrible. Its a game where you play as recolored Sonic sprites. I tried it out, it was frustrating to play. One side of grass lets you in, and the other side doesn't? What? :(

Edit: And the huge file size isn't fun either.

I know about the recoloured sprites, that's something I complained about on the game itself. One side of grass? I haven't occured anything like that, except for in Holy Summit where one tile is placed wrong. But the worst thing is the inability of putting in a map. I got lost so many times.

Image1.png

Didn't feel like it was worth a new topic so posting this here. This is the game that Sonic Blitz replicated. Its owner being a Sonic Arena 2 player who continued to use the same open source engine and us and most of our personally customised sprites and tiles (luckily after I found it me and him had words and Im ok with the fact they borrowed all my Sonic tiles).

Sonic Arena 2 has been running for a year now, a sequel to a web based mmo known as Sonic Arena. Our game is large in scale but no where near 250mb (im not sure why Blitz is so large), and can be downloaded from http://sonicarena.com/downloads/sonicarenatwo_v3.exe

The site is http://sonicarena.com (currently that leads to a teaser site for a new game announcement tonight so you can visit http://sonicarena.com/site/ )

The site has screenshots etc under 'gallery'

Discoponies done posted...
Image1.png

Ugh... Your promotional graphics need work... This honestly reminds me of "Loonatics Unleashed".

Last edited:
Now that seems a lot better. I'm checking that out. It has more to offer and it has a smaller size. :D

Too bad you have to register. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back