Mega Man Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t say what it is exactly at this point, but the people who I want to play are the fans who played Mega Man games growing up. You will see a lot of '80s influence in the sound and artwork used in the game, and in this teaser trailer, you can see a lot of the '80s theme we are going for.

I'm excited. Not even on some SEGA cautious-optimism shit, I'm straight-up excited.

This was something I never saw coming...

I love how cool things like this come out of nowhere... =D

Megaman + Street Fighter + GnG? I've played 2/3 and I'm stoked for this shit.

...Wait, didn't that fangame previously titled MM10 become MMU? XD Holy shit...

Well, this wasn't exactly the next big Megaman project I was looking forward to *coughLegends3cough* but at least the trailer kicks ass.

Megaman + Street Fighter + GnG? I've played 2/3 and I'm stoked for this shit.

...Wait, didn't that fangame previously titled MM10 become MMU? XD Holy shit...

Well, Megaman Unlimited, not Universe. Anyways, I'm very hyped for this game, and am so happy that the ugly boxart Megaman was confirmed playable.

Oh yes. OH YES.

WE GET TO PLAY AS UGLY BOX ART MAN! If that isn't fan service then I don't know what is.

Now all I really want to know is how this game will play and why fans are still clammoring for a Megaman Legends sequel. And before anyone tells me what it's about I checked out some Youtube videos. Megaman the Digger of Energy Sources, rare treasures, and selling treasure for money in while other rich pirates and Diggers fight him for this stuff? Uh.... Whatever happened to Doctor Wily and his quest for world domination? Is he the one behind all of these heavy anime inspired douches that cant let Megaman have this stuff... just.... what the hell is Legends supposed to be? I don't get what the big deal about it is. Maybe Bigboi should enlighten me on this Legends craze.

Dunno why I have to do it, but alrighty.

Mega Man Legends has a few RPG elements in it.

Nerds looooove RPGs.

Seriously, though, you should just play it yourself to get a feel for it. The controls are too much like a horny Touhou fan (stiff and awkward, I kid, I kid) for me to get into it too much, but it's decent enough.

Eh most of the awkward controls in Legends 2 were somewhat improved from it's first and there was more variety in the dungeon design. The custom weaponry I did sucker for... then again anything with custom-based mechanics I tend to get attracted to.

In honesty Greg I would just for the heck of it, either hunt down or emulate the game. If it were reduced to such a linear plot as digging then I would of told you from the start that this game isn't worth your time. Sure it starts like that, though it expands to a more deeper area as to Trigger's history and his purpose which was brought up in the sequel.

Mind you that like battle network, has no connection to the classic. Therefore there is no Wily, or Dr. Light ( Or Right if your that chaotic kind of Fan :p)

Last edited:
Is he the one behind all of these heavy anime inspired douches that cant let Megaman have this stuff... just.... what the hell is Legends supposed to be? I don't get what the big deal about it is. Maybe Bigboi should enlighten me on this Legends craze.
By the time Legends comes around, he's been dead for 7 millennia... at least! There is a character in Legends 1 named Wily, but he isn't evil. He's a boat rental clerk.

To fully understand the Legends series, you have to know the JP name for the series. In Japan the series is called "Rockman DASH," which stands for Digouter's Adventure Stories in the Halcyon Days http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_Legends_series#cite_note-0(which in Egyptian Mythology was supposed to take place in the 9th Millennium A.D. (It's look like in the year 8510 or 8511). At some point the world was apocalypsed by flood.

Click here to learn more.

Mega Man Universe first thoughts: a mmo
Now I don't know
My consideration on that: Custom Megaman character creator with a hint of two-dimensional Halo.
Basically: 2D deathmatch system, with only fighting, no HUBS to talk to people.

But that isn't it, obviously. I had a weird thought that it would just be another collection, now bundling the entire Megaman and X series in a disc or 2. But actually, Chaos Knux was slightly correct. Reading an article, worlds will collide. Joystiq gave slight info, as well as the platforms currently considered for the game. http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/16/capcoms-worlds-collide-in-mega-man-universe-for-psn-and-xbla/ Though I have doubts that it's SPECIFICALLY Chaos Knux's thought. From what the article says, it may be that simply Megaman worlds will collide. Since there's just vague info, assumptions won't be official until Capcom teases us with gameplay.

EDIT: Also, after watching a Mega Man X letsplay and the trailer (once more) I wanted to point out this: There was a secret item in honor of Street Fighter called Hadoken. Quite hard to get, but if you manage to get it and keep your health maxed through the level, you can one-hit EVERYTHING with Hadoken. I assume that the Hadoken won't be as overpowered and secrete as it was in MMX.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back