Fixed Auto Aim bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinos

i love animated pictures!
I was playing in a net game and I was about to BOMB someone I aimed down at the player an shot...even though the I had aimed down the BOMB had gone strait out horizontally. I couldn't shoot up or down even when I was aiming perfectly. This auto aim glitch strikes with out warning. One second its fine and the next I use BOMB (or BOUNCE) and I cant hit my target, usually SCATTER and the default ring usually aren't affected and RAIL isn't affected at all. This has cost me many points and wins and its not a one time thing, it can last for up to 5 min. I've disabled auto aim entirely now but please, does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to press the esc key to fix it, but I know what your talking about.
You can look straight up and it will just go horizontally with no vertical influence what so ever.

AUTOAIM is really meant for those who play without MOUSELOOK...putting the two together kinda defeats the point. Why have the game aim for you if you're manually aiming to begin with?

Regardless, I've never witnessed this issue myself...On the contrary, I have witnessed the opposite (AUTOAIM failing to register in cases where it should have) effect. I'll look into it.

Slight side note, but autoaim is still not written to / read from config.cfg. This means someone who doesn't use autoaim will have to manually turn it off every time they play, or toss it in autoexec.cfg

The only time AUTOAIM has been touched between v2.0.4 and now was r5745.

p_mobj.c:
Code:
		// if not autoaim, or if the autoaim didn't aim something, use the mouseaiming
		if ((!((source->player->pflags & PF_AUTOAIM) && cv_allowautoaim.value)
			|| (!linetarget)) || (flags2 & MF2_RAILRING))
		{
			slope = AIMINGTOSLOPE(source->player->aiming);
		}
	}

I never turn autoaim off and not once did I witness this bug in 2.0.4. It's becoming truly irritating.

That would be because AUTOAIM outright didn't WORK in 2.0.4 or prior if you had any rail ammo on you whatsoever -- even if you didn't have Rail currently selected.

AUTOAIM is really meant for those who play without MOUSELOOK...putting the two together kinda defeats the point. Why have the game aim for you if you're manually aiming to begin with?

Regardless, I've never witnessed this issue myself...On the contrary, I have witnessed the opposite (AUTOAIM failing to register in cases where it should have) effect. I'll look into it.

>>

lol, not really. It still improves your aim, unless your dead-on perfect(which I admit I am not :S)

I always found auto aim useful in combo with mouselook+Reset Camera (set to spacebar), Until this bug anyway.

It doesn't actually "improve" your aim -- all it does is adjust the y angle of your fired shots to closer match that of your opponent. Players who don't use MOUSELOOK -- I'm one of them -- get a lot of mileage out of an ability that gives them aiming capabilities that they wouldn't otherwise have. It makes no sense for those already aiming for themselves, because it merely overrides your y angle with AUTOAIM's y angle, which is the source of this 'issue'.

Last edited:
Guys, I'm pretty sure this 'bug' is simply autoaim noticing that there's a player dead in front of you or something, so it fires straight towards him/her despite where your view is currently aiming at. Like I just said, autoaim didn't work at all in prior versions if you had any rail ammo whatsoever, so...

Still glitches out when I'm alone...

犬夜叉;676682 said:
Guys, I'm pretty sure this 'bug' is simply autoaim noticing that there's a player dead in front of you or something, so it fires straight towards him/her despite where your view is currently aiming at. Like I just said, autoaim didn't work at all in prior versions if you had any rail ammo whatsoever, so...

Even when i am alone in my own game, the glitch still happens. Also the RING always shoots strait out, but not at a specific target.

I used a rail ring and it fixes itself.

The only time AUTOAIM has been touched between v2.0.4 and now was r5745.

p_mobj.c:
Code:
		// if not autoaim, or if the autoaim didn't aim something, use the mouseaiming
		if (([B]![/B]((source->player->pflags & PF_AUTOAIM) && cv_allowautoaim.value)
			|| (!linetarget)) || ([B]flags2 & MF2_RAILRING)[/B])
		{
			slope = AIMINGTOSLOPE(source->player->aiming);
		}
	}

That would be why.

Yeah, I figured it was something to do with the new auto aim adjustments in 2.0.5/2.0.6
- Also the reason RAIL doesn't have the glitch is because autoaim for RAIL is disabled in 2.0.5/2.0.6

(correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited:
Uh, there WERE no autoaim adjustments for 2.0.5/6, besides the rail ring fix. That's what Spazzo is also trying to point out.

犬夜叉;676824 said:
Uh, there WERE no autoaim adjustments for 2.0.5/6, besides the rail ring fix. That's what Spazzo is also trying to point out.

yeah that's what I was saying. I've never had this problem before in 2.0.4 (or earlier) but the new up date must have the bug. It could be just a random bug but I thought since the autoaim has been modified, even if its only just for RAIL, it might be the reason for the bug...
(I'm not saying this is the reason but its my best guess)

Yeah, auto aim should be save in the CONFIG.CFG file

But on a side note, Zinos, do you use anim8tor?
Also, its nice to meet another Animator!

Last edited:
Yeah, auto aim should be save in the CONFIG.CFG file

But on a side note, Zinos, do you use anim8tor?
Also, its nice to meet another Animator!

Yes Nox, I do use anim8tor, how did you know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back