OpenGL Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firework917

Wizard 1.0 is SRB3!
I have tried to get some MD2 models today, and when I open the .bat for OpenGL and OpenGL-Windowed, I'm greeted with a white screen. The audio still works, but the white screen is all I get.

I use an x64 Windows 8 computer.
SRB2 is on a USB. The version is 2.1.8.
The .exe works normally.

Can anyone help me with this?

Well, maybe you can use a launcher to start SRB2 with OpenGL. It always works for me, and I have a Windows 7 x32. Aaaand, if that doesn't work, I think Windows 8 doesn't support OpenGL very well. And why do you have SRB2 on a USB?
Did you tried to open it on the Windowed mode?

Well, maybe you can use a launcher to start SRB2 with OpenGL. It always works for me, and I have a Windows 7 x32. Aaaand, if that doesn't work, I think Windows 8 doesn't support OpenGL very well. And why do you have SRB2 on a USB?
Did you tried to open it on the Windowed mode?

As a window 8 user, I can confirm windows 8 does in fact support OGL mode. It is more than likely something else wrong with his system, or maybe even the fact that SRB2 is on a USB for him.

I would try using OGL with the folder on your desktop rather than on a USB, and if it still does not work, then maybe someone else with more computer knowledge than me can help.

Actually, it might be windows 8. Some graphics cards are rendered unsupported by W8, and if that's the case, your PC probably uses integrated cards. Which suck.
... I know because I'm in the same position :P

5:01 PM - RedEnchilada: I just know someone was having the white screen issue in ogl
5:02 PM - yellowTeiuQ: oh yeah i had that too
5:02 PM - yellowTeiuQ: they need the legacy drivers for their card or they need to dual boot into windows 7
5:02 PM - yellowTeiuQ: I had to setup a VM

Look up legacy drivers for your graphics card?

Got a little more info. I went to download OpenGL from Softonic and it said that it doesn't support x64 computers. Did I just solve my own problem?

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Plus, I have an option to 'update' the driver. Should I go for it?

Got a little more info. I went to download OpenGL from Softonic and it said that it doesn't support x64 computers. Did I just solve my own problem?
This is very likely to be a scam. Don't follow through with this.

Plus, I have an option to 'update' the driver. Should I go for it?
Yes, but only update your drivers from your graphics card manufacturer's website.

Alright, doing that now.

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

Did nothing, getting Legacy Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back