Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-Up

Try/Discuss
Windows Vista has been in the making for years. And there are still months to go before it is released.

But Microsoft recently announced Release Candidate 1. That's an important step in the operating system's development cycle. It is one of the final test versions.

The exciting news is that Microsoft is looking for five million testers. That means you can download the operating system and give it a try. It’s 2.52 gigabytes and takes 2.5 hours with DSL.
http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc1/en/download.htm
I don't know much about it, and I can't try it.

I tried it and got bad results, but I wouldn't blame the operating system. I blame the lack of decent video drivers nVidia has for Vista.

Shuffle said:
I tried it and got bad results, but I wouldn't blame the operating system. I blame the lack of decent video drivers nVidia has for Vista.

No Vista for me for a while then. =P

I've tried Vista RC1 and sincerely I like it and think it's better than XP.
I got even working a 1994 Cirrus Logic 5436 (!) with the Windows NT4 drivers, and don't know why you couldn't get the nVidia drivers working, seeing most people get them working.
Build 5728, that's newer than RC1, is out from a few days, and that may fix the problem, tough this build hasn't received much testing.

I didn't say they don't work, I said they weren't DECENT. Everything ran slow, including the desktop and SRB2.

kingknux said:
By the way, XP Retail, especially with SP2, sucks big time.
Vista seems alot better, without that stupid search dog.

That is the flimsiest reason for disliking an OS I've ever read/heard. If you don't like the dog, arrange your HD better so you don't need to see him.

TheDarkArchon said:
kingknux said:

That is the flimsiest reason for disliking an OS I've ever read/heard. If you don't like the dog, arrange your HD better so you don't need to see him.

You both fail. You can turn off the animated search assistant.

TheDarkArchon said:
kingknux said:

You both fail TDA. The search dog was in all versions of XP, without SP2. He obviously has a lot of other reasons for disliking it which I can relate to.

Who was that aimed at, JJames? I was talking about how you can turn off the search assistant using Change preferences > Without an animated character. You clearly don't know your operating system very well.

DuelMasterP said:
All I know about it is the PC verion of Halo 2 runs on it...

That is a ploy by microsoft to get you to update. I bet the game will run just fine on Windows XP.

Sonict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back