• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Old WAD porting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon_T

Pyro the Setsuna Fan
Someone knows what changes to S_SKIN and/or sprites/sprite names are needed for make a 2.0 character WAD work properly in 2.1? I wanna port some 2.0 characters to 2.1 for my personal use

Someone knows what changes to S_SKIN and/or sprites/sprite names are needed for make a 2.0 character WAD work properly in 2.1? I wanna port some 2.0 characters to 2.1 for my personal use

I've ported tons of 2.0 mods for personal use, and I think I can help you.
All you have to do is edit the S_SKIN, first, change the ability number up by 1, next, change the prefcolor to the color the character uses. (EX: prefcolor: 5 to prefcolor: Blue)

All you have to do is edit the S_SKIN, first, change the ability number up by 1, next, change the prefcolor to the color the character uses. (EX: prefcolor: 5 to prefcolor: Blue)

I've tried that, but the animations got broken

As for sprites, Frame "c" is now the signpost figure, there is no need for the signpost itself. Frame "d" is now the life monitor icon. Frames "e" and "f" are now a part of the transforming frames, meaning that the other monitor frames are useless now.

I did it! Thanks to everyone that helped me
Can I upload the ported WADs? (Giving credit to its authors, obviously)

Straight Character ports are not easily accepted, even by the creator of the wad you're porting. Try to use some custom player-based luas to make your character unique. For example: Flare The Speedrunner.

Would the same thing apply with porting 2.1 skins to 2.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back