• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Srb2:Portal (Project Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've still got the issue of angle Einstein. The difference in the angles of the two portals needs to be added to the angle of the player when he steps through the portal. A sentence which is full of unsoccable concepts. I wouldn't call this a real project until someone solves that problem. And I'd prefer it's not me.

Portals are impossible in SRB2. Period.

Do you know how difficult it was to get Portals working in the Source engine without taking forever to spawn? If you've ever seen an interview of the programmers, they say it took months to perfect, and even now is still very imperfect.

I advise you take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(video_game) as a pointer of how limited the engine SRB2 runs on really is.

Mike_The_Hedgehog said:
Socing/Scripts
Well I can't do much in that but from what I heard ShufflarB2 might work

Yes it can, I tested it with your level, and I constantly got stuck in the walls. '>.>

It's not what you think though. You shoot the ring, you're instantly there, no multiple shots needed.

Could you give a download for that.... I'll have to see just how that works before I redo the Test map. So i'm guessing the Thok barrier keeps people from getting out of a level?....

I do have an idea for a lindef executor and FoF based portal, that doesn't affect players. But it's not really a good idea for anything really.

All? My friend, I think you've forgotten the ENTIRE FUCKING PORTAL GUN!

There are pieces of ideas laying around, but there is no portal gun design. It's probably impossible in SRB2. I really don't see why you think it's a good idea to go on with your crazy ideas when you don't even have the gimmick they all rely on.

somewhat off topic: Imposable lets not go there I bet when Sonic team Jr. started working they got "A sonic fan game made form doom! That's Imposable!" An Srb2 Portal can happen it's just won't be easy to do, the portal gun could just be a char. like this

Code:
Sonic
 Etc etc etc
Tails
Etc etc
Knuckles
Etc etc
Portal Sonic
etc etc

Mike_The_Hedgehog said:
somewhat off topic: Imposable lets not go there I bet when Sonic team Jr. started working they got "A sonic fan game made form doom! That's Imposable!"
No they didn't. It's a completely possible idea. All it takes is a lot of coding.

Mike_The_Hedgehog said:
An Srb2 Portal can happen it's just won't be easy to do, the portal gun could just be a char. like this

Code:
Sonic
 Etc etc etc
Tails
Etc etc
Knuckles
Etc etc
Portal Sonic
etc etc
This idea wouldn't even work at all.

Thanks for the info but the wiki link is useless I always follow that when I'm making a plain Srb2 level this one i was unsure about how to make it.

Mike_The_Hedgehog said:
the wiki link is useless
For some reason I always see noobs see that. Hmm, you have "Mike" in your name, and you act like a moron. I wonder why...Nah. I guess Mike's just a common name. :)

stop give wiki links, get back on topic I read that enough times to know it inside and out, in this situation it's useless anyway, so go nag someone else, and I'm most likely not going to make any srb2 maps for a LONG time.

I've made my point now shove those annoying wiki links on someone else's topic. (Now Wiki links are ok but it's better to try to figure out the problem then to *Insert pointless phrase here* then a wiki link. Ok?)

What the heck; please don't use the "View latest post" button. It really makes you look like an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back