SRB2 Message Board

SRB2 Message Board (https://mb.srb2.org/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://mb.srb2.org/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Stupidest things you've done in video games (https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=37749)

Kitoko 06-29-2013 01:08 PM

Stupidest things you've done in video games

What's the dumbest thing you've done in a video game? Like, for example, in MKDD, I had a blue shell but didn't realize that I was in first and bombed myself with it. Stupid blue

Eblo 06-29-2013 03:57 PM

In my early days of TF2, my Engineer skills involved standing in front of my sentries to defend them with a shotgun.

TehRealSalt 06-30-2013 12:56 AM

I used to not strafe in SRB2's match.

I've probably done something way stupider than that, but I have a terrible memory.

Shiron 06-30-2013 08:55 AM

In MineCraft: Pocket Edition, I tilled a 24x24 yard of dirt in an attempt to get a good farm going. It took about twenty minutes of decorating, preparing, other stuff, etc.

There are no seeds in Pocket Edition.

TSDude 06-30-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic100000 (Post 735913)
I used to not strafe in SRB2's match. :V

How's that stupid?
Tons of people have done this and not by mistake.

EDIT:
Something stupid that I do in shooting games is when a person that is on my team comes around a corner really quick (and I'm expecting an enemy) I shoot them in the head.
Another thing that I did in a shooting game (I think it was COD) is to try to throw a grenade into a building through a window however the grenade hits the wall and rebounds. It went straight behind me into a vehicle were my team mates were hiding behind... I don't have to explain the rest do I.

Dogjedi 06-30-2013 03:27 PM

On the Minecraft Juicebox server when I accidently blew up my house twice. First time was with laser that I accidently left on explosive, second time was with Industrial TNT.

Terra 07-01-2013 01:23 PM

Trying to defeat the final boss in Kingdom Hearts 2 when i never used any effort to level up throughout the whole game.

TSDude 07-01-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic fan2000 (Post 735946)
Trying to defeat the final boss in Kingdom Hearts 2 when i never used any effort to level up throughout the whole game.

You poor guy...
KH2 had the easiest final boss though (imo).

Anyway back on topic another thing I forgot to mention, is in srb2 when I accidentally helped the opposite team win a CTF match. I was completely used and oblivious of what team I was on, probably because I never died and I was hardly near the my base (so I did not know that my true team's rings were mine).

Burning-Fox 07-01-2013 03:19 PM

I built a giant sand house with a wooden roof (It was actually quite nice) on Minecraft, on top of a floating sand platform in the air. Y'know, that weird thing where sand stays in the air? Well, once I finished, I removed a single block from the floor and the entire thing collapsed to below, the roof was left up there. All of the blocks went down a big trench, half of them landing in lava. I was so pissed at that. 8D

EDIT: To add insult to injury, I didn't save at all. ._.

FaroukTheHedge 07-01-2013 03:32 PM

In Bitefight
I was trying to beat someone at level 53 and I'm at level 6

Terra 07-01-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSDude (Post 735949)
You poor guy...
KH2 had the easiest final boss though (imo).

I don't think so. In my opinion it's the hardest because of that ONE STUPID MOVE where he takes Sora and you have to save him using Riku and he has a clone that just keeps doing this stupid move that makes a wall appear where if you make ONE mistake you'll just constantly get hit by it and u can't have any chance of landing because it hits you really hard so you have to wait until he's done doing that and he does it like 5 or 6 times, taking away so much life because Riku has such a small health bar. I'm lucky i managed to finish that boss recently.

TSDude 07-01-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic fan2000 (Post 735957)
I don't think so. In my opinion it's the hardest because of that ONE STUPID MOVE where he takes Sora and you have to save him using Riku and he has a clone that just keeps doing this stupid move that makes a wall appear where if you make ONE mistake you'll just constantly get hit by it and u can't have any chance of landing because it hits you really hard so you have to wait until he's done doing that and he does it like 5 or 6 times, taking away so much life because Riku has such a small health bar. I'm lucky i managed to finish that boss recently.

Oh that bit, I easily found away to counter Xemnas' clone with Riku. I fire then attack, then I run like hell.

Ors 07-02-2013 08:39 AM

I crashed huge Minecraft server with thousands of TNT. =D

TSDude 07-02-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ors (Post 735972)
I crashed huge Minecraft server with thousands of TNT. =D

That sounded like you did it purposely *suspicion*, jk.

Charile 07-03-2013 04:46 AM

Whenever I join Capture the Flag in srb2 It takes me a while to know which team I'm on, sometimes I pass the enemy with my flags, and it'll take probably 30secs to a minute to find out my mistake.

Dage4 EX 07-03-2013 05:22 PM

Trying to beat Dracula in IWBTG without knowing that you could shoot the purple balls away from you during the second phase

EternallyAries 07-06-2013 10:20 AM

The most stupidest thing I've done was speed running Super Mario 64, making it with a great time till the damn Hazy Maze Cave. There a hidden star in the level, where you have to wall jump to get to it. I completely forgot where it was, ruining my 100% speed run. Forcing me to restart all over again.

TehRealSalt 07-06-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSDude (Post 735917)
How's that stupid?
Tons of people have done this and not by mistake.

I am really terrible in a first-person games if there is no strafing, and I thought there was no support for it. I never won during that period.

Ever since I had learned of it's existence, now I can occasionally hit someone.

TSDude 07-06-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic100000 (Post 736039)
now I can occasionally hit someone.

Lol, even though you've learned strafing you still hit less people in-game.

FaroukTheHedge 07-06-2013 01:49 PM

I Was Trying to eat Soap. I Thought It's Cheese LOL :p