MODELS IN SRB2- SSN HAS DONE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

toaster

トースタちゃん
Kart Krew™️
But he hasn't released the 3d compatibility yet. :/
md2.jpg

Wow, it seems everyone's been digging through SSN's files lately. Yeah, models have worked for awhile now. However there are two disadvantages that make them evil:
1. They screw up after changing the levels (Is that fixed?)
2. They don't work in Software mode.
But seriously, why would you WANT models? Clearly no one around here has decent 3D modelling skills.

Edit: Also, note that pic. The HUD say's you're playing as Sonic. So it might be fake.

Uhhh....
I can make models. Just need a program.
And I never knew that, BTW.
EDIT: The hud? Maybe he's just using that as a test hud. SSN can be lazy in that way when he's in a rush to test things.

0.o
Oopsie then. But I never knew it could be implemented till now.
Tell me how!

It's not a hoax, but it isn't what you think. It's just an imported model placed there. The model had no animations and couldn't even operate properly, but it was good enough for a pretty screenshot.

If you're going to dig through AJ's directories, remember to take what you find there as a possible "we're messing with you" or "it doesn't really work this well".

Old. Very, very old.
Yes, the screwing up on level change is fixed, but it still breaks for multiple models.

FireLaserbeam said:
Draykon said:
No one who knows how is willing to tell. Besides, why is everyone so obsessed over models.

*looks at yout avatar and your site*
I mean models in SRB2. Though looking at how OpenGL does sprites, I think I can see your point. But a better solution is to not use OGL! *shot*

Draykon said:
Edit: Also, note that pic. The HUD say's you're playing as Sonic. So it might be fake.

Actually, it's just an MD2 model loaded over the Sonic character, so it's not fake.

And today models also have support for animation and turning. Take a look at TML. The Link model has animated walking and sword-swinging. The animation isn't interpolated, but it's there.

he can do md2 using a model program (and the correct program to put it in srb2)bcause if they can put 3d models instead of sprites in doom ssntails can put md2 models in srb2

True Hyper Sonic said:
*singing* Oops you bumped it again*shot*

Ok.... True Hyper Sonic. Stop telling everyone they have bumped topics and don't tell them to stop. If they have a reason to they can. It's not even that big of a bump. It's only 3 months.... WOW :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back