How to make the bot/sidekick character be super all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always fun to be super and I thought how much fun it'd be if your sidekick (eg: Sonic & Tails) to be super ALL the time (or at least, on command) I tried but failed miserably because I had no idea what I was doing.
is there a lua script to pull this off?

Not that I know of, but it's super easy to make.

Code:
addHook("MobjThinker", function(mo)
	if mo and mo.player and mo.player.bot > 0
		if not mo.player.powers[pw_super]
			mo.player.powers[pw_emeralds] = 127
			P_DoSuperTransformation(mo.player, true)
		end
		mo.health = 9999
	end
end, MT_PLAYER)

Not that I know of, but it's super easy to make.

Code:
addHook("MobjThinker", function(mo)
	if mo and mo.player and mo.player.bot > 0
		if not mo.player.powers[pw_super]
			mo.player.powers[pw_emeralds] = 127
			P_DoSuperTransformation(mo.player, true)
		end
		mo.health = 9999
	end
end, MT_PLAYER)
AWESOME!!
Also, is there a way to make sure the bot's rings don't run out?

The way the Lua script is set up, the bot's rings should never run out due to the fact that it's checking every frame to see if the player object is a bot, and if so it sets the ring count to 9999 instead of decreasing every second.

The way the Lua script is set up, the bot's rings should never run out due to the fact that it's checking every frame to see if the player object is a bot, and if so it sets the ring count to 9999 instead of decreasing every second.

but every 50 seconds, the character reverts and transforms again D:

but every 50 seconds, the character reverts and transforms again D:

Oh, you're right. When I tested it without the 9999 part, the bot's ring count ticked down every second, and when I tested it with the 9999 part, it remained at 9999. So I guess the bot just neglects its health counter somehow?

Since giving the bot rings increments Player 1's health, and modifying the health stat of the bot doesn't seem to affect how long it stays super, I'm unfortunately going to have to assume this can't be fixed. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back