NOTICE TO ENTER A PLAYER ON THE SERVER, isso possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viniXD

it would be possible add to SRB2, a new server administration tool? that when a player tries to enter your server, a message saying if you (the administrator) You agree that the player enter on the server, something like that is possible?

it would be possible add to SRB2, a new server administration tool? that when a player tries to enter your server, a message saying if you (the administrator) You agree that the player enter on the server, something like that is possible?

Like a password? Cos' thats possible via SRB2 launchers

Like a password? Cos' thats possible via SRB2 launchers

No it's not. You're talking about admin passwords.

For any other devs listening in here, I don't think passworded servers are a bad idea ;)

I agree with the idea of password protected servers, don't know why wasn't this added yet .

Password protected servers are a pretty good idea, even if you don't like the idea of allowing such things on the Master Server. Hosting without connecting to the MS is just security by obscurity, and if someone knows your IP Address/domain name, and the port you're hosting on, they could cause trouble. Sure, it's not unmanageable, but the option would be nice.

Also, how about password protected player slots? Rather than password protecting the whole game, you could password protect a few slots. If, for example, you wanted to host a 4 player LAN game, but open it up to the Internet for 8 players total, you could password protect the first three slots, but leave the other four open.

^ That sound complicated and I'm not even sure they're going to do it / add that thing .

It still make sense to add that though, besides if the other players have an IP there is a possibility of being ddosed

Yes but what i meant is No matter how useful it can be i'm not sure there's a Member in dev team capable of adding it, our, their & everybody's knowledge is limited :S .

You can add a "join" password via Lua, by having the player enter a password before they can enter the game and actually play, but that wouldn't apply to Coop since it doesn't have a spectator mode.

Has no one thought of the idea of a server description? I mean for fucks sake, that's what we really need. It allows people to have a server name and link their wads much more easily.

Hmm...

We should have it like when you select a server, it'll take you to another screen which has all the server information (description, players, gametype, etc.), list of WADs loaded, with a check or X mark for if you have the WADs already or not (if applicable), and a password input (again, if applicable). Then at the bottom or center, it would say "Would you like to enter this server? (Press Y/N)" with a "WADs will be downloaded to the Download directory" text if you do not have the WADs required to join the server.

I would be happier with the following:
  • A notification toggle to tell the server owner that a player can't join (Banned, joins disabled, player missing wads or wrong wad versions) A notification somewhere in the log would be nice for troubleshooting for the server owners.
  • A WAD URL. This exists in Zandronum and many other ZDoom engines. It's exactly what Duon wanted, and exists for that sole purpose. SRB2 could even try to get the wads listed in said URL if it's a directory.
  • Passwords (For connecting, join password can easily be done via Lua)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back