Acid Missile for v2.0 (scr_acidmissile.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
Yep, updated for v2.0. Sort of a rush job, not much is changed. Still the same 3 zones: Waterfall Valley, Storm Ruins, and Gloom Metropolis; and the same final boss in Slime Silo.

Some of the music is changed (Bosses, Storm Ruins 1, and Slime Silo), and the final boss uses two different alarm sounds now.

I included 3 special stages I was planning for the pack. The 4th is only half done, so I didn't include it. They're sort of a hybrid between SRB2's style and Sonic 2's style: You have to get a certain amount of rings in order to move on to another part of the level.

Attachments

• scr_acidmissile.zip
    419.2 KB · Views: 3,188
  • srb20010.jpg
    srb20010.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,273
  • srb20015.jpg
    srb20015.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,055
  • srb20013.jpg
    srb20013.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,294
  • srb20012.jpg
    srb20012.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,041
Last edited:
More than welcome!

I was playing Acid Missile (and Mystic Realm) yesterday. Good moments! :D

I HAVE WAITED SO LONG FOR THIS
I'd say "Thank You" several times, but I think it'd stretch the page. Definitely my fav mod.

I'd expect some cries and whines. If people cried at SS7 of official pack and wanted to kill devs; let them see custom special stages of Acid Missile.

I found them interesting and a tad challenging (yea, I need to get skilled to new SS' concept).

Last edited:
*high five*

Personally, my favorite quality about Acid Missile was how short and sweet it is. Custom special stages only help, though!

I gotta try this. I also need a token guide, but that can wait.

How much was done via auto converter? Were "things" lost?

Ah man, my favorite level wad from 1.90.4 was converted. Soon as there's a mirror, I'm getting this. Thanks a lot for bringing this over. :)

I have a question: Why do switches in Shrouded Terminal Zone not work?

Shrouded Terminal could not convert properly using lvlconv. The map is a relic from the 1.04 era, and many of the specials I used in it are no longer supported in v2.0. I tried to update it a little bit, but lost interest. The map is bad; it was my first publically released SP level. It's still in the pack if you use the MAP command to get to it, but I removed it from the secrets menu.

How much was done via auto converter? Were "things" lost?
Most of the work was done with lvlconv.exe.

I had to go in and mess with the 1UPs and Tokens in WVZ1 (since the tokens were set to change locations based on difficulty), I also had to delete all of the red crawlas on the bridge in SRZ2 (apparently it only converts hard-mode enemies if they have a z-offset or something, I don't know). I had to change the length of the Play SFX linedef executors in the special stages and Slime Silo to get them to play the right sounds. The axis objects in WVZ3 and GMZ3 had to be modified since the radius is now determined by angle, rather than having 3 different objects for 3 different radius sizes. The boss SOCs had to be manually converted.

Last edited:
Great pack, Furious! Two problems though:

I've gotten all Emeralds, but the level select option didn't appear!
How do you get STZ again? It doesn't appear on the checklist.

Now for the big question. do you run into the SS7 Eggrock 3 teleport glitch in this mod?

Yes, see my post above about why I removed it. You can still get to it through the MAP command if you really want to play it, but it's not completely functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back