Massive netgame lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodshot

Not the guy from Youtube
Ok i got a new laptop last month and ever since then, SRB2 would lag on EVERY net game I join. It works just fine in single player though. I ask the other players if they feel lag, but so far I'm the only one. I tried every resolution possible (at least those that didn't sigsev me) and still nothing. I'm using windows 7 on an ASUS K61IC (I think thats the name) So please, help me out here.

...please?

Edit: Ok I did some experimenting and I found out that my lag only starts up when I move. If I stand still though, the lag stops. The second I make ANY movement, the lag returns.

Edit 2: Guys, this isn't control lag. My FPS is at around 6/20 online. (when i'm not hosting)

Last edited:
Same thing happens to me. One reason why I don't show up on netgames anymore.

SRB2 on Windows 7 is unsupported kthx

Haveing too many files make your computer slow. I will give you an example. On my old computer, I had alot of files, and I do mean ALOT! I played this online game and each time I played, it made the game really slow, but only for me

Well my old laptop has like about 5 megabytes left, and Srb2 still ran fine there. The old thing's trashed now so the old lappy's out of the question.

The more I played netgames, the better the lag got until it completely stopped. Try playing more and see what happens. :)

The more I played netgames, the better the lag got until it completely stopped. Try playing more and see what happens. :)

O_O

So.. you mean to tell us that constantly playing a laggy netgame will clear up the lag?

Lies... (attempts to play a netgame)

O_O

So.. you mean to tell us that constantly playing a laggy netgame will clear up the lag?

Lies... (attempts to play a netgame)

No, it's a little crazy theory I thought up, because thats what happened to me.

I agree with Mystic. I've been TRYING to play online for a few days now, but it's still unplayable for me.

Netgame lag is sometimes more caused by latency then by speed. If you live far away from the host then you feel much more lag then if you live closer to the host. Try to join netgames that have a ping less then 200. The lower the ping number is, the less control lag you will feel on a netgame.

Yeah, I've had to deal with being laggy on netgames. Sometimes, it's hard to find a netgame with low ping, and I just have to make do with what's there.

Netgame lag is sometimes more caused by latency then by speed. If you live far away from the host then you feel much more lag then if you live closer to the host. Try to join netgames that have a ping less then 200. The lower the ping number is, the less control lag you will feel on a netgame.

Dude, I even get lag from my brother's servers; his comp. is about 15 ft away from mine.

What is your internet speed, ping, graphics card, processor, etc.

Windows 7..? I had some errors using Windows 7 on other games. (And lag)

Autosaver, if he's not getting lag in single player, graphics card and CPU are the least possible things to be causing online lag. And Windows 7 isn't the cause, either. Why is it that everyone thinks that? On this old as hell computer, I can run SRB2 in Windows 7 just as well as I can in XP. No lag, no internet lag (which by the way, is a crappy DSL connection that dies every 2 seconds).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back