Master Server Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Master Server is just down, it says it's not hosting now, but this is like it was completely deleted.

The master server was down about 2 weeks ago and now it's down again? Wow the master server seems weak. Anyway the master server will probably be down for a couple days or even a few weeks.

Not that I recall...if there was I see it. But I suspect that it is the current master server. I woner if they have a backup master server incase the master server is down...if they don't then that's a suggestion for the admins.

Wait. You say it was recently out, as in srb2.servegame.org was out. So, are you getting the normal "Master Server is not running" page, or are you getting "Error 404: Webpage cannot be found"?

No...I mean there's a timeout on the master server and it's down. I haven't visited that page yet but I'm going to check it out. I'm pretty sure that the master server is having some problems though, ALOT of problems.

How many times must this be said? The MS is being moved and renovated, not having problems. Usually, it never goes down.(Except, maybe, on the holidays) Although, there is the possibility they're having problems when they try to move/test it...

Orangelink said:
Hiw many times must this be said? The MS is being moved and renovated, not having problems. Usually, it never goes down.(Except, maybe, on the holidays) Although, there is the possibility they're having problems when they try to move/test it...
Thanks for clearing that up. Anyway they probably are having some problems moving it or testing it. I'm sick of all these master server timouts too, you hardly get to play netgames anymore. There was a timeout about 2 weeks ago too.

It's been moved to http://ms.srb2.org/. Even Netgames from the SRB2MSLauncher2 (when the MS is up) are redirected to that, so even if it says servegame.org, it'll be redirected to ms.srb2.

The web site for the masterserver has been moved to http://ms.srb2.org/ (yea, I know the srb2.org domain is down) but the masterserver itself is still at srb2.servegame.org:28900. The reason why the server at srb2.servegame.org keeps going up and down is because I've changed from a set of wireless links between the floors in my house, to single Ethernet link and setting it as a 802.1q trucking line to keep the networks separated. However, this was my first time doing this, and I had left my internal networks in a mess till last night. Now just to fix the 2nd floor wireless AP for my DSes.

LoganA said:
the masterserver itself is still at srb2.servegame.org:28900.
But when I go there, it doesn't do anything. It gives a 404 error. Shouldn't it immediately re-direct to ms.srb2.org?

Well, we will just have to wait for it.Tho, why is (the master server is online bar) say online when its not?

The Master Server is online. It may just be that we can't connect to it, or Logan's computer has a problem.

Karuno said:
The Master Server is online. It may just be that we can't connect to it, or Logan's computer has a problem.

Maybe so forth, we can still do what mystic told us to do.But I dont think that will work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back