Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don´t know if it is already done but...

Could you make something that could change some enemy properties like speed, or things like that? It could be great to create new enemies...

one thing people don't seem to understand its that its hard to make complex enemies with tons of animations associated with them. I'm assuming this because of what I've seen in the demos so far with the crawlas and all. I could be wrong though...

How about an updated launcher? 8P

Deja vu. Seriously, I still want to see (or rather, hear) the Christmas music that was in the old SRB2 demo (the one before FD) put into the Christmas Hunt bonus level.

hmm i mustve something else to put in :P ow yeah taunts for sonic knuckles and tails in 1 player mode! :D

More textures, more charactor abilitys, more boss enemys (even if you need to use a special scripting attribute system and program them yourself) and a boss that stays ON THE GROUND and runs around jumping and stuff like the char vs char battles in SA, but with more hits and better AI.

have you guys figured out a way to create slopes in the doom engine? Or is that slope looking thing in GFZ2 supposed to be one. At a certain angle it looks like one but looking closer it looks like it is made out of very small steps.

You can still hear the Christmas music currently if you run SRB2 with the -nodigmusic option. It's MIDI only.

We (by that I mean "we SRB2 programmers") know everyone wants slopes badly, but they're not exactly easy to do, and they're very unlikely to be added to SRB2, ever.

yes I know that and I should of phrased it better. I'm just suprised that even after all these years they still haven't implemented any sort of code dealing with slopes into legacy. Most people wouldn't mind to have it in it from what I've heard. Plus it's on their "to do" list so obvisiously they have put some thought into it. I just hope they do it sometime soon.

I hit a snag when I came across Duke3D source bits that Zdoom was using for it... O_o

While the forum was down I had thought of one or two things but I can't remember them now. I think one had to do with another character ability... oh yeah! How about being able to mix-and-match certain abilities? Like a character that can climb on walls AND fly. And how about being able to edit how long a character can fly for? (It would be helpful if people were going to make a Cream skin for SRB2; she can't fly as long as Tails can, but she can drop out mid-flight)

How about being able to create our own time-unlocked features? that's a little extreme, though, I would think. Does the game have stuff show up for "character specific" stuff? Like if you're Knuckles and you set something to appear for Sonic, it won't be there for Knuckles? That way you might be able to create truely seperate routes through levels...

Time-Unlocked features? I suggested that. I even came up with a system. AJ didn't feel like implementing it :P

How about a real "Mario" player ability? None of this "losing coins" nonsense =P And when you become "Super Mario" it switches to another skin? =P

Enemys that follow a path movement marked by a special sector type and enemys that are invincable, but do not destroy like detons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back