Master Server Glitched? FIXED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabeliot

Smart but Stupid!
This has happened to me before, and on other computers, but...

Every time I open the "Rooms" tab on connecting to servers or hosting, the game crashes. Any time I try to bypass it using command prompt to boot on a server or using command intrepreter line code, it crashes and takes a long time to boot in the first place, making that feel like a worse option to begin with.

Anyone got a solution? =C

Last edited:
Are you using the latest version of SRB2 (2.1.20)? And if so did you get it off SRB2's Download page?

Yes, some days it works, but others it just messes up. I checked other recentish pages for solutions, and I'm not that dense as to not update and complain about a glitch like that.

I can connect some days, but not others, so its not some kind of constant issue, it just happens some days and is annoying as hek not to be able to play online...

Yes, some days it works, but others it just messes up. I checked other recentish pages for solutions, and I'm not that dense as to not update and complain about a glitch like that.

I can connect some days, but not others, so its not some kind of constant issue, it just happens some days and is annoying as hek not to be able to play online...
It seems the problem is with you Internet connection...
But I find it funny that it crashes SRB2 as well..
Please tell me the version you are using and where you got it from.

I finally found the issue, and this might be a big one because most port-forwarding and static IP tutorials don't mention it.

You have to have the static IP RESERVED on the router itself, not just on the device.
I'm hoping others will learn from my mistakes.

I honestly have my doubts about this solution to the issue. First of all port forwarding only impacts the ability to host a netgame, but it is absolutely not needed to join one or just see the rooms/server list. Those work regardless of port forwarding.

I can also positively say that both a setup with a static IP only reserved on the device and one with it only reserved on the router (if it even has this functionality) work well for hosting a SRB2 server, both at the same time is not needed. It may work for all I know, but it's definitely not compulsory.

Are you sure no other change was made in the router or adapter settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back