Blaze the Cat RE WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Pepper

After a couple weeks of pushing myself to the limit, I have finally finished making a REplacement for my ugly old Blaze WAD! :D The REplacement has mountains of improvements over the original, with more refined stats, and replacing all of the old sprites with completely new and better ones.
BlazeRE handles uniquely from other characters. Blaze isn't equally as fast as Sonic, but she can accelerate faster, and use her slow fall ability to reach farther distances than Sonic. It also serves as a nice recovery move.

Download here:
Mediafire Mirror SRB2FFH Mirror

NEW SRB2CB "Compatible" variant.
Don't forget, there are two versions of the WAD. Blaze.RE is the best file you will use, and it has a custom spin trail. Blaze.RENET should be used for NET games, as it doesn't have the soc, and includes an easter egg, which I'm sure you'll find. :P
56k'ers, prepare to meet your doom!
Screen shots taken mostly in the Blue Heaven level pack:
srb20004-5.png

srb20022-6.png

srb20024-5.png

srb20027-3.png

srb20020-8.png

srb20007-5.png

srb200220.png

Her custom spin trail changes colors with the player. :)
srb20026-5.png

Don't forget, there's also a separate WAD file that, when loaded, will change the Chaos Emeralds graphics to the Sol Emeralds!
srb200210.png

srb20016-8.png

Blaze also has a Super form, Burning Blaze!
srb20003-1.png

srb20025-5.png

srb200270.png

Egg Man Nega has also been added the Sol Emerald WAD! Replacing the normal Egg Man boss with his alternate self.
srb20028-1.png

srb20029-4.png

The Sol Emerald WAD also completely replaces Super Sonic in 'Sonic into Dreams' with Burning Blaze. :D
srb20019-1.png

Also, just in case you're too lazy to spot the Easter egg in RENET, here's a spoiler:
[spoiler:66e6fc626c]Darkspine Blaze Superform! :O
srb20017-3.png
[/spoiler:66e6fc626c]
Credit to those who helped with the production of the WAD:
-Chaos Zero 64's Espio WAD's custom thok trail soc.
-Sonic The Dalek, for fixing issues related to the custom spin trail and the Life monitor icon.
-darkness claw, for the character select image in BlazeRE
-Blade, for the character select image in BlazeRENET
-Chrispy, for improving the spin sprites
-zck2020, for Eggman Nega's Eggmobile
-SpaceKGreen, for the Blaze '06 model references
-Everyone else that provided excellent suggestions and criticism to the WAD.

Now for a 'Before and After'...just to show you how bad she used to look. :P
Before!
BLZEA1.png
BLZEA2A8-1.png
BLZEA3A7-1.png
BLZEA4A6-1.png
BLZEA5.png

After!
BLAZEA1-5.png
BLAZEA2A8-5.png
BLAZEA3A7-5.png
BLAZEA4A6-5.png
BLAZEA5-5.png

Users who downloaded this WAD also liked:
Shadow the hedgehog WAD
AmyR Remake WAD

I liked the Last Blaze Alpha but, that doesn't mean I hate this one, It's just that you made a update it it's going pretty good, keep up the good work.

You should change the way her feet move when she runs.
In Sonic Rush, her legs move slower than Sonic's do.

responce to topic

wow this wad is awesome!! now all we need is a person to make a sonic 2006.wad as a representative for the game that came out in 2006

Looks good. I'll try it out. *shot for saying the same monotonousness comment as everyone else*

EDIT AFTER PLAYING: I must say, the sprite work is professional, and the balance is good. 10/10

Awesome. A new beta's out. Got to try the Burning form out :P

Edit: *Mouth drop* that was awesome! I really enjoyed this wad, and the edited spindash sprites, and Burning Blaze sprites were awesome. I don't really enjoy many character wads often, but this one, I have to owe it to you, you could be the next srb2 character designer from what we know. Great job 10/10 :P

I've played the WAD and I've got to say that I'm quite impressed. I mean, holy smeg... I love her superform and spin frames and also the fact that I've got involved in it! :D

I like what you are going to do for Eggman Nega as well by including him in the Sol Emeralds thingy WAD.

Now... here comes the criticism part, ohn0es!

Okay, first of all the colour of the shoes of the front standing frame of Burning Blaze don't seem to match the other super frames. And although I like it, I think the new spin frames need a bit more animation to them. Also, make her jump in her spin frames like in Sonic Rush (I know it might look weird with the Burst Hover/Slow Fall ability but I wouldn't mind, it could be a variant of it) and also (I know you're planning to do this but just incase) get some ripped sounds from Sonic Rush for her spinning and jumping, I think SFGHQ might have those but I don't know. Plus, I think the back-diagonal hurt frame is the same as the side. You could also do the tipping frames (as normal and Burning Blaze, but you could just nick the falling frames and call it a day) and idle/boredom frames, then she'll be (sort of) complete.

As I've said before, she's great! Keep it up, because if you were a hot chick I would marry you right now and have your babies! *shot*

Wow! I'm so amazed how well received this WAD is, I appreciate the comments guys, thanks. =D
SonicTheDalek said:
Plus, I think the back-diagonal hurt frame is the same as the side.
Rofl, I thought nobody would notice that so quickly. :P But that frame is WAY too hard for me to do right now, so I worked around it. I didn't notice the color of her shoes on the super form being wrong, I'll fix that.
SonicTheDalek said:
You could also do the tipping frames (as normal and Burning Blaze, but you could just nick the falling frames and call it a day) and idle/boredom frames, then she'll be (sort of) complete.
That's a great idea, I'll do the tipping frames then. I'll have her boredom frames look like her tail is moving.
SonicTheDalek said:
And although I like it, I think the new spin frames need a bit more animation to them.
So true, I'll work on them then. I'm glad you like the actual shape of it though, that actually held up the release of the Beta!
SonicTheDalek said:
and also (I know you're planning to do this but just incase) get some ripped sounds from Sonic Rush for her spinning and jumping, I think SFGHQ might have those but I don't know.
I think in the variant idea, I'll have her custom sounds(if I can get them) and use the spin frames for jumping. So there'd be a WAD with custom sounds and spin frames for jumping, and one with spring frames for jumping without custom sounds.
Thanks again for the feedback and compliments guys, I really needed that today.

EDIT: I included a before and after thing in the first post if you guys want to look at it.

EDIT 2:I made some progress on the Eggman Nega sprites, how does this look?
EGGMA1.png

He looks pretty good if you ask me, and the variant idea is good as well. I'd definately be downloading the spin jump version. ;)

I think his mech should be a little different from Eggman's, the last thing we wan't is a recolour of a boss...

Chrome the hedgehog said:
I think his mech should be a little different from Eggman's, the last thing we wan't is a recolour of a boss...

Eggman Nega didn't have any different mechs, except if you played the first Sonic Rush, the boss mechs were 2 different colours depending on the character you are playing as.

That is true Hyperknux, but even though each mech's color changed depending on the character that is selected, the egg-mobile things that the 'eggmen' fly around in are virtually the same. Thus, I left the egg-mobile alone for this reason and it better conforms to SRB2's style that way. I'm almost done with the Egg Man Nega sprites, they will be in the final version when I'm done with them.

When I played it, Nega's mech had slightly larger jets and a few extra ones also compared to Eggman's.

I have made what could be the front boredom/idle frame. Use it if you want. (Her tail could still move, though.)

blzeb1pr5.png

Also, I have made a better life monitor for Blaze and the icon that pops out of it. Use them if you want, too.

prupi0bw8.png
prupj0za4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back