Stuff to put in SRB2ME (Part 3: The Last Crusade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzo

Since the previous suggestions topic has amassed over 100 pages(much less now, thanks to all of the purging I had to do X_X), I think it's high time we make a new one. Let's try to keep things on-topic here, guys!

You can find part 2 here: http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?t=3944

Please:

- Don't ask for slopes, loops, corkscrews, etc.
- Don't open up a discussion on any given suggestion. We have a topic established for that purpose already.
- Don't ask for things that have already been suggested
- Don't ask for a finished Knuckles, it'll happen eventually.
- Don't ask for level end signs and 1up boxes for skins. This is going to happen.
- NO SECONDED/THIRDED/HUNDREDTH POSTS.
- Don't use quotes or talk about the post above you. It'll look REALLY stupid when that post above you is deleted.
- Look before you leap. Make sure the suggestion isn't already implemented in SRB2/involves something that has been deleted. A good place to look for information about 1.1 is the Wiki page on it.
- If you are talking about something that isn't working right, then it is a BUG and should be posted in the BUG REPORT topic.
- Don't suggest new weapon ring ideas. The current weapon system in the 1.1 beta is staying, and it doesn't need any more added.
- Don't use bold. AT ALL. Bold is reserved for any suggestion that has been added into the next release.

All submitted ideas become the sole property of STJr, blah blah blah, which means if you post in here you can't sue us if we use your idea.

If your post was deleted, that means the suggestion is probably impossible to implement. If your post was bolded, then it has been added as a feature in the next version.

Mods, please closely monitor this thread and delete any stupid posts.
Thanks!

Super Tails and Knuckles. Just make them faster and give them invinciblity.<strike> OH, and give Tails his flickies and gold colors. </strike>

Spazz edit: Already in multiplayer. Won't be added into singleplayer.

Well I know THAT. But Single-Player would be fuuunnnn!
Oh well. I can make a mod of it.

I'd say it'd be cool to add an co-op option where all of the players have to cross the finish line before the map advances. It would sure beat waiting around on the other players and getting the crap kicked out of you in the meantime.

Instead of completely phazing out tag,
I suggest you make a new gametype out of it.
Infection.
Basically the "it" person is infected, and has to tag the remaining players
untill only one is left untagged. If you get tagged, you're infected,
and you have to help the rest of the infected people catch the remaining
stragglers.

Make all the ports available on the website. This means official Linux, Mac, and other ports.

A slight change from one of Ice's suggestions in the Part 2 topic:
Have the music fade out while the Extra Life jingle is playing, and then fade back in after it's done playing. It would sound more like the Genesis games instead of pausing the music and resuming play after the jingle.

If possible, a lindef executor that activates when music changes. Also, add a flag to the music change linedef that allows us to choose whether we can fade the music before it changes. These two combined would allow for boss battles to behave more like in the Genesis games, where you would reach the boss area, the music faded, then the boss music started as Eggman came onto the screen in some contraption.

• In-menu mouse support. Instead of using up and down to select the options, one could use the mouse cursor, along with clicks.
  • Home+End key console support. Pressing Home or End should take you to the beginning or end of the current line, as well as support for copy-pasting and text selection.

Instead of having a linedef executor that activates when all 7 emeralds are collected, replace it with one that allows adjusting anywhere from 1 to 7 emeralds. it would finally give adventure mode some merit, and Single Player a little more variety.

Here's a new idea. Make it so that the No Shadow FOF actually has no shadow, as opposed to just displaying the shadow above the block. To display the shadow above, you would use Linedef 25 and check MF_BLOCKMONSTERS or something.

This may not sound particularly useful, but I have two arguments for it. First, it just generally makes sense--it is more consistent with the lindefs' names. Second, it might make level designing a fraction easier--if you just copy a control sector and change the linedef, you don't need to remember to reset the sector lighting.

glaber said:
Castle Eggman is not going to be the last level in 1.1.

Not only that, but the current CEZ levels are going to be scrapped and replaced, so CEZ will be totally different!

Remove all forms of cheats, no startlives/rings, remove the option to change gravity, and remove the option to fire rings in coop mode, none of these things add anything to the gameplay, none of these things are ever used for good purposes, you only ever see them used by noobs who want to be absolutly cheap and make the game as easy as hell.

Gravity is just used to cheat through levels or screw around doing nothing in a level or make sure that a level is impossible to finish, all these cheats/codes are simply there for the noobs, they server no other purpose and should be removed. If you love gravity so much, play match in Midnight Abyss Zone.

Don't evade the curse filter

Spazz Edit: GRAVITY can no longer be used in a netgame.

A secret where the game switches to 2D mode and Mario Mode. TUNES 31 is activated, and Sonic falls into a small room with two rows of coins, one on top of a big FOF, and one under it. At the rightmost part of the FOF is a Mario Block that pushes out several coins. Sonic can take a pipe to get out of the secret room.

Since apparently my legitimate suggestion got deleted with the stupidity:

A console variable that governs whether or not cheats can be used:

Code:
CHEATS [on/off]

When this is activated, the various cheat variables may be used in netgames, but sends a flag to the Master Server and clients browsing the server window to tell them that said server is using cheats. In other words, like modified games, this would be another way for discerning clients to decide whether or not to join a server.

A F_SKY1 placeholder texture. Doom already has this and it makes it easier to select. Also I rather not have to keep adding Freedoom's F_SKY1 placeholder

The christmas midis to match up with the Christmas oggs provided that there is a match. (108/A8 does not have a match, and A6 and A2 are swaped)

We need some bold crosshairs, the transparent ones we have now are very hard to see in skies, grass, and certain other textues.

A linedef executor that makes the game think that the player is holding down a button. Flags on the control linedef will control which buttons are held down, as well as which buttons the player can use while in the sector.

For example, you could have a control linedef that has the flags for holding forward, and the flags to allow strafing and jumping for SatSR style gameplay.

Trigger Linedef Executor - Land on Sector Floor. I want this because I want Touch Sector Floor to work on FOFs even if you walk across them. This should also eliminate extra coding for pop-up buttons, since you can use Linedef Type 89 with a Block Monsters flag. I don't want to be forced to land on the floor all the time with Touch Sector Floor.

Spazzo Edit: Please refrain from using bold, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back